1.    #1  
    1. Anyone have VPN/PPTP working? Mergic had a product that worked with networks other than Sprint and are working on it, but don't have anything yet. I'm REALLY looking forward to this... This + VNC = controlling work computers from anywhere!

2. There was handspring rep up here a few weeks ago that said that if you don't completely charge your Treo the 1st time, it will never really charge to full after that. The 1st time it "learns" what it takes to fully charge and if you unplug it before it's done it figures that's the best it will ever do. QUESTION: is there any way to reset this and have it relearn? Hard reset? Tried to get through to handspring support on this but they will have nothing to do with me 'cause I have a 300 so I'm Sprint's problem. (The sprint folks had no idea)

3. Treomail is saying it cannot connect to their servers this morning... Anyone else? "A communucation problem was encountered with the Treo Mail Servers. Please try again later". This is when I hit send/receive. It did grab a few msgs with autosync...

4. In treomail, I have to address everyone name@company.com. I send mails mostly to folks at work (where my treomail desktop is installed). Is there anyway to avoid having to type @mycompany.com each time? I wanted to setup a shortcut or macro or something but couldn't figure it out. Anyone?

THANKS
    Originally posted by Iggie

4. In treomail, I have to address everyone name@company.com. I send mails mostly to folks at work (where my treomail desktop is installed). Is there anyway to avoid having to type @mycompany.com each time? I wanted to setup a shortcut or macro or something but couldn't figure it out.
    Create a shortcut in "Prefs" -- then when you're sending an email, you hit "s" and then the "...0" key, you'll see the shortcut loop ":shortcut:" -- select that, type in your coded shortcut, and the rest of your email addy should appear.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by ajchenmph

Create a shortcut in "Prefs" -- then when you're sending an email, you hit "s" and then the "...0" key, you'll see the shortcut loop ":shortcut:" -- select that, type in your coded shortcut, and the rest of your email addy should appear.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing...
    Excellent, thanks for the quick and accurate response!
    Originally posted by Iggie
    3. Treomail is saying it cannot connect to their servers this morning... Anyone else? "A communucation problem was encountered with the Treo Mail Servers. Please try again later". This is when I hit send/receive. It did grab a few msgs with autosync...
    I, too, have had the exact same issue for the past several hours. See this thread for additional discussion of this issue.

In treomail, I have to address everyone name@company.com. I send mails mostly to folks at work (where my treomail desktop is installed). Is there anyway to avoid having to type @mycompany.com each time? I wanted to setup a shortcut or macro or something but couldn't figure it out. Anyone?
    In addition to using the shortcut function as described above, you could enter the names into your address book once, then use the lookup function in TreoMail to address quickly each time (Menu Key + "L"). Also, if Treo Mail had an auto-completion feature (based on previous addressees entered), this would be solved. Let's hope Handspring adds auto-completion to the next version of Treo Mail.
    I worked in the cellular industry in sales for almost five years and I worked with several models of phones that used lithium ion batteries and never heard that the battery wouldn't charge to its complete potential if you didn't charge it completely and fully. If Handspring used NiCad batteries to power the Treos then I might see what he said.

How else would a sales rep program your phone, other than hooking it to charge for the 20 to 30 minutes it takes to process a new phone account.

Its true that you cannot over charge a lithium ion battery and it is more forgiving in temperature extremes.

This is only my experience with this type battery and perhaps my info shouldn't be held up as gospel. :-)