1.    #1  
    I've been getting pretty regular fatal errors with my Treo 300. I pull my Treo out of my pocket to see if I have voice mail or do something else and realize that my phone is crashed and has been offline for some length of time, which isn't good.... I've now done a hard reset, and only have a short list of apps installed, and things seem better.

My question - what applications do you have installed that you think result in periodic fatal errors?
    Believe it or not, TreoTools!

I have no hacks and only one extra app installed (Today 1.7) and when I have TreoTools installed I get fatal errors after a soft reset that leads to a hard reset about once a week.

If I take it off, everything starts up fine after a soft reset without exception.

Best,
    D.
    I haven't had any issues yet with TreoTools (be sure you have the latest version that works with the Treo 300) yet.

AvantGo will regularly crash your Treo if you close the lid with AvantGo active. The workaround for this is to switch to another app prior to closing the lid on your Treo.

Pay attention to what app is in the background when your Treo crashes. This may give you some clues as to what my be causing the problem.

Also, I've installed TreoTools and Crash to help resolve the problem mentioned of having your phone disabled by a crash. "Crash" is freeware and will automatically reset your Treo if you encounter a crash and TreoTools will turn on your phone automatically after the reset. I just started trying this solution out after someone mentioned it elsewhere, but so far it appears to be working as advertised.