1.    #1  
    I don't currently used any instant messaging platform, but am researching what works best for the Treo. I have tried AIM, PalmMSN, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ. Treo300 SMS. Haven't yet tried any IRC and am not sure about the others. None of the ones I tried worked reliably. AIM crashes my device in a fireball, and requires a hard reset and reinstallation of everything. I have seen many others mention this problem on the discussion board.

What are the best instant messaging solutions out there in your experience?
    treo300sms!!!!
    Originally posted by tedc
    I don't currently used any instant messaging platform, but am researching what works best for the Treo. I have tried AIM, PalmMSN, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ. Treo300 SMS. Haven't yet tried any IRC and am not sure about the others. None of the ones I tried worked reliably. AIM crashes my device in a fireball, and requires a hard reset and reinstallation of everything. I have seen many others mention this problem on the discussion board.

What are the best instant messaging solutions out there in your experience?
    I tried AOL 3.0 for Palm. IM works well, but watch that battery indicator! ICQ works fine too, but once you navigate out of the app, you have no idea whether messages came in or not. SMS works great.
    Strange. I use AIM and have no issues with it whatsoever.
    I've used AIM many times on my Treo 300 w/o a problem. However, on one occasion, I did experience a serious crash. Although I didn't have to do a hard reset (reset + power button), I did have to do a warm reset (reset + up scroll button) and another soft reset to get everything back in order.

Why did AIM crash??? The only thing I know is that while I was logged onto AIM, I received a call. Not sure if it was the call or not, but that's the only data point I have. Needless to say, I don't leave AIM logged on for extended periods of time when I'm not actively sending messages.

I'm hoping AOL and Yahoo! will introduce fully compatible messenger clients for the Treo. That's something I would be willing to pay for.