1.    #1  
    The other day I retreived my Yahoo mail through my desktop Outlook and I had a couple of viruses (Klez) which, thankfully, Norton caught and quarantined.

But it made me think: What if I had been out and about and did my mail retreival with my Treo 300? (I use Snappermail) Would the virus have affected it? It was a rather startling moment. I don't know much about viruses except this: I do NOT want to get one.

Is there any virus software for the palm platform? It is, in anybody's opinion, necessary?

Just wondered what your thoughts might be. Thanks.
  2.    #3  
    Do you have it? What do you think of it?
    As far as I know there are today no known viruses that can attack the Palm OS, it doesn't mean there will be none in the future.

However the product in the url uses PC virus signatures that can't do anything to the Palm OS.

As far as I am concerned there is no need TODAY to worry about Palm OS viruses.

There has been only one case of so called wireless transmitted virus and that was basically an SMS that was sent to all phone users of a mobile network in Spain. The cause of this was a cracker that had managed to enter the mobile network sms centre and the actual sms received on the phones were harmless, just insulting for the operator!

The day someone makes viruses that attack wireless will be a scary one, imagine the speed they will spread! However you will need to wait for PC-ilin to release a signature update to detect them.

I will install it then...