1.    #1  
    Just got going with Eudora and find that I can read mail, but not send it.

Btopenworld says that the 15.99 Anytime package that I am on will not allow me to send mail by dialing in to the mail server via my Treo 270. I think that this is because for the Anytime package to work you must dial in from a BT landline from your normal PC.

Has anybody got any ideas how to get access from my Treo to send mail. I suspect that I need to sign up with another ISP

Any ideas. BTW I am trying to do this using GPRS not normal dialup. Also going to France for 3 days at 4am tomorrow morning and would like to try to get it sorted. (not asking much realy!)
    What the Btopenworld people tell you does not make any sense. As long as you get the mail settings right -- you should be able to get it to work. Let us know the error message that you are getting and we may be able to help you figure it out.

Originally posted by Raphael
    Just got going with Eudora and find that I can read mail, but not send it.

Btopenworld says that the 15.99 Anytime package that I am on will not allow me to send mail by dialing in to the mail server via my Treo 270. I think that this is because for the Anytime package to work you must dial in from a BT landline from your normal PC.

Has anybody got any ideas how to get access from my Treo to send mail. I suspect that I need to sign up with another ISP

Any ideas. BTW I am trying to do this using GPRS not normal dialup. Also going to France for 3 days at 4am tomorrow morning and would like to try to get it sorted. (not asking much realy!)
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by yardie
    What the Btopenworld people tell you does not make any sense. As long as you get the mail settings right -- you should be able to get it to work. Let us know the error message that you are getting and we may be able to help you figure it out.

Thanks Yardie, I had a feeling that they were not sure of themselves. I got the impression that I had to call from a BT line with caller line identity. Eudora help desk said that I should check mails first then send - that way the server knows the identy.

However due to pressure of time I have signed up with vodafone.net I have a new e-mail address there that I can send from. It also recieves faxes so could be handy when abroard.

I'll leave it until next week back at work to have a go sorting. Thanks for the assistance. Raphael.