1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems right now (Sunday, 9:30EST) on the Vision network? It has been working fine for me for several weeks. Now, over the last 24-36 hours, only one-way text messages will come through.

- Short mail sent from another phone doesn't show up.
    - Short mail sent from www.sprintpcs.com will cause my phone to vibrate for a second & seem like it is getting something, but nothing shows up (once or twice out of 15+ tests, I have gotten a message telling me to go to a website that doesn't exist -- I remember someone complaining about this before -- but never the actual text). Occasionally, these SMS messages will show up in my Inbox on sprintpcs.com, but sometimes they don't show up at all.
    - email sent to mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com gets returned, saying that I'm unknown. This has always worked in the past.
    - One-way messages sent from sprintpcs.com DO show up -- the actual text, not some stupid "re-direct to a URL" message -- on my phone.

Anyone else having these problems? This is the first time I've had trouble with SMS since moving to Vision. I did sign up for one of the new plans on Friday, but all other data (email, web, etc) is working fine.
    i just sent a short mail message to myself and treo300sms picked it up beautifully. Perhaps short mail was down when you were waiting for your message. Whenever the sprint messaging site goes down,so does short mail retrieval by treo300sms. For some reason, oneway text messaging is unaffected.
  3.    #3  
    I'm told I've been sucked into a rapidly growing problem with short mail that has been happening for the last 10-14 days. Many people are now calling in with complaints similar to mine. SprintPCS is installing a "patch" this Friday, 10/25, that should address this issue. Everything should be back to normal by the following Mon/Tues. Until then, no SMS for me.

I was able to get an $8 credit to my account for my troubles. Better than nothing, I guess.
    I'm having the same issue. Mail sent to my phone number is working, but mail sent to my Vision email account is not being recieved. I called on this yesterday and they had no idea what was going on at the time. It sounds like they finally have someone working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscacchetti View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Mail sent to my phone number is working, but mail sent to my Vision email account is not being recieved. I called on this yesterday and they had no idea what was going on at the time. It sounds like they finally have someone working on it.

Man this is the same crap that is happening with my Treo 700p. Text messages sent to my phone come in fine, but if you send a message from a sprint phone to my sprintpcs.com email it returns with the following error:

MAILER-DAENON:

"Underlivered Mail Returned to Sender This is the Postfix program at host mx.messaging.sprintpcs.com"

I called tech support and their F--ing clueless.