1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any info on this error? If I do a soft reset, same error comes back. The only way around it is to hold down the UP key while doing a soft reset but I'm not sure what that does.

Thanks in advance
    Here is what HS Support says about this error, although I assume your not using a visor with a spring board module!
    Maybe it's a start though....

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
    Weird, I just got this Fatal Alert. Time to start removing apps......
    This is a long shot, but ... did you use a Visor or other Palm OS device before you got a Treo 300? Maybe there was some funky system extension left over on the old Palm device, and when you HotSynced your data to the Treo 300, the funky extension HotSynced over too, and now it is manifesting itself because an application is making a call that causes the error.

Lemme know what fixes it.

P.S. A soft reset while holding the up scroll is called a "system reset" and it basically disables all hacks and system extensions, which is why I ask about the possibility of an old Visor system extension or hack on your Treo.
    I had an m100 before, but I manually synced data so there is no older extensions or preferences. Everything has been fine for 5 months. I have deleted the all the hacks/apps that were installed in the last day, and there is still a problem. So, it looks like I am going to have to do a hard reset.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I was getting this over and over again. Hard resets are such a pain. I eventually pinpointed a small hack called crash as the culprit. This is a system hack that's supposed to trap errors and reset your phone. I now use Trapweaver instead.

If you don't have crash loaded, I guess I'm no help...
    Oh man, you rock KKenna!!!

That was it, I deleted crash and it came back fine after a soft reset. You are my hero. I have always had crash installed, but it was never a problem before.

Thanks sooo much for your help. I wasn't looking forward to the hard reset.

I owe ya a BEER.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Oh man, you rock KKenna!!!

That was it, I deleted crash and it came back fine after a soft reset. You are my hero. I have always had crash installed, but it was never a problem before.

Thanks sooo much for your help. I wasn't looking forward to the hard reset.

I owe ya a BEER.
    And here I always thought Crash was my friend! Maybe instead it's like that forest ranger/firelady who set fires to put them out.

Anyway, how did you delete it?

I keep trying to use Delete in the Apps window and get back a message that it could not be deleted!

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I was running the Hack version of Crash, so I deleted it from within X-master. I would suggest using Filez to delete it.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I think you have to go to Hackmaster/XMaster and de-activate it, then you can delete it...
    I forgot it was a hack!

That did it!

Thank you.

Regards,

NateS
    I will now try TrapWeaver!

Nate
    Yeah, deleting a hack using Filez or BeamBox or whatever can cause a whole new slew of problems, because the X-Master or HackMaster may think it's still supposed to be there. "Always delete hacks from within the extensions manager," my grandmother used to tell me as a child.

Glad to hear the problem got worked out. Congrats! Has anybody written to the developer of Crash to let 'em know that this is going on?
    Last edited by Bbonnn; 03/06/2003 at 04:42 PM.
    Feeling energetic, I popped off a quick email to Handspring tech support, letting them know about this issue. Hope we see a change in the page referenced above.
    Originally posted by Bbonnn
    . . ."Always delete hacks from within the extensions manager," my grandmother used to tell me as a child. . .
    So that's what my Grandmother was trying to tell me!

I wish I had listened more carefully instead of being in such a hurry to run and play!

Bless them all!

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by Appleman
    I was running the Hack version of Crash, so I deleted it from within X-master. I would suggest using Filez to delete it.
    Yeah, so no one gets confused, I didn't mean delete the hack using Filez, I was referring to deleting the regular Crash app, the non-hack version.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    We - as the developer of Crash - received a message from Handspring about your problems.

Crash was tested with a 270 and 90, and works fine.

Crash doesn´t have any dynamic cards, and its still impossible Crash causes another Fatal Alert after restarting.

Anybody here with a Treo 300 who is interested to perform some tests for us? We would like to work on this topic by the end of next week.

If so, please send an email to support@79bmedia.com.

Thanks for the help.
    Oliver
    RTFM