Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    Well, I seem to be having troubles connecting to the web like others here. I think that either Sprint or Handspring has hosed something and will have to come up with a fix.

    The first couple of days I could connect just fine. Then, I started to get occasional times when it could not connect to a site. Now it will not connect at all!

    when going to the browser it askes me to load a new page. When I click Ok it connects to the network just fine then attemmpts to load the page. It says "connecting" for about a minute before I get a window telling me it could not load the page, try again later. Well it is two days later and still not luck.

    I have even gone so far as to do a hard reset and the same thing is still happening. The only other thing I had done was to load snappermail which seemed to be working fine until this problem, then I could not get mail just like I could not browse the web. I removed this when I did the reset, and have not yet reinstalled it.

    I called Sprint and after an hour and seven minutes of holding and being shuffled around, then telling me they are working to solve the problem, can I please hold some more, I was dissconnected. This p***ed me off as It took four phone calls to four different CS folks, three of which cut me off, just to get me switched to a vision plan a week ago. Now, I get to go through this again to get it working, then again if I want to switch to one of the new plans! Enough venting...

    Woody
  2. #2  
    I have had the same problems, here is what I have been able to discern so far:

    The Treo actually does a sort of dial-in when it connects. If you use an internet application (web, email, etc) and then either shut it off or go to another application, the connection is still there. Imagine if you dial up to the Net from home, you get email, surf, and then go work on a spreadsheet. Meanwhile, you are still dialed in. After a while, your ISP disconnects you. The same thing is happening here after about 2 hours. The difference? The Treo, for whatever reason, DOESN'T KNOW. And it then gets out of synch with the Sprint side of things. That is why the "PRI reset" workaround that has been mentioned before works most of the time.

    If you are having this problem, call c/s and get a LEVEL 2 Vision Tech on the phone. Tell them the problem; this is something that they have to have someone fix in each area, apparently. They are doing so here in Tampa supposedly this week.

    Anyway, the workaround that I have found that so far works 100% of the time is this:

    After you finish browsing/emailing, go to Prefs, select the Internet page, and tap the DISCONNECT button at the bottom. It's that simple. Next time, you should be good to go.

    To make this more convenient, I use Switcheroo, to which I have assigned the "P" key to be "Prefs".


    BTW, like everything else with SPCS, the above synobsis of the issue is based on piecing together a few different techs explanations, so it may or may not be 100% accurate. It seems to fit the facts, however.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    I have had the same problems, here is what I have been able to discern so far:

    The Treo actually does a sort of dial-in when it connects. If you use an internet application (web, email, etc) and then either shut it off or go to another application, the connection is still there. Imagine if you dial up to the Net from home, you get email, surf, and then go work on a spreadsheet. Meanwhile, you are still dialed in. After a while, your ISP disconnects you. The same thing is happening here after about 2 hours. The difference? The Treo, for whatever reason, DOESN'T KNOW. And it then gets out of synch with the Sprint side of things. That is why the "PRI reset" workaround that has been mentioned before works most of the time.

    If you are having this problem, call c/s and get a LEVEL 2 Vision Tech on the phone. Tell them the problem; this is something that they have to have someone fix in each area, apparently. They are doing so here in Tampa supposedly this week.

    Anyway, the workaround that I have found that so far works 100% of the time is this:

    After you finish browsing/emailing, go to Prefs, select the Internet page, and tap the DISCONNECT button at the bottom. It's that simple. Next time, you should be good to go.

    To make this more convenient, I use Switcheroo, to which I have assigned the "P" key to be "Prefs".


    BTW, like everything else with SPCS, the above synobsis of the issue is based on piecing together a few different techs explanations, so it may or may not be 100% accurate. It seems to fit the facts, however.
    I believe your explanation is correct based upon what I have experienced over the past two weeks. I have done a number of ##PRIs which reset the Treo back to the factory default settings and the inability to send/receive data clears up for awhile. I have also, thinking the problem might be application conflicts, did a hard reset and selective reinstallation of software and the problem still occurred. Therefore, it leads me to conclude as you stated that it probably is a network problem between the Treo and SPCS.
  4.    #4  
    Well, the next morning after being cutoff from Sprint, I checked the browser and it worked! So far it has worked for 36 hours with no problems. I hope it continues this way. I even reinstalled the snappermail demo, and things are still working fine.

    Woody

Posting Permissions