1.    #1  
    Ilve just had my 2nd Tréo replaced for a defective speaker. The replacement unit, though, sometimes issues the command key as the lid is being closed, e.g. the menu drops down.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there some fix I should know about? Thx
    Originally posted by J Starkman
    Ilve just had my 2nd Tréo replaced for a defective speaker. The replacement unit, though, sometimes issues the command key as the lid is being closed, e.g. the menu drops down.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there some fix I should know about? Thx
    Try loosening the screws a quarter turn or so. I'd try additionally making sure you have no gunk on the lid that is hitting it.
    I also had the command key problem - amd loosening the screws did not help. The problem was my screen protector. I'm using a non-adhesive one that slips under the edge of the screen. This added thickness would press on the top menu bar when the lid closes (no matter how hard or soft you do it) and trigger it.

The solution was to slide the screen protector down so it just touches the top edge and not under it.

Michael
  4.    #4  
    Solved this problem. It definitely was not caused by the lid hitting any keys. I could see the menus dropping down, & hear the key-click sound, while the lid was being closed. Loosening up the screw on the back, near the jog dial worked; 1/4 turn was it needed.
    :-)