Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow! That's all I can say is WOW!

I just got off the phone with Sprint. I went through Claire, said to her "Change my plan" once (yep, only once), Claire asked me for my phone number, last four of my SS#, and viola -- within 10 seconds (yep, 10 seconds) I was speaking to a real person (yep, a real person)!

She nicely (yep, nicely) explained my options, and I selected a plan! Then she told me that PCS to PCS was an extra $5, and I told her that as part of a retention deal a year and a half ago, I got that for free. She placed me on hold for literally 1 minute (yep, only one minute), came back and said "...no problem sir"!

I am at a complete loss. I have nothing to *****(edited) about! In fact, I am a little disappointed that I have nothing to *****(edited) about! Loretta asked me if I was satisfied with the level of service I received, and I said a resounding "YES!"

By George, I think SprintPCS gets it!!!

Craig
    Last edited by csherman; 10/18/2002 at 10:14 AM.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Heheheheh...we'll see how long this lasts...
    too cool for words. Sprint did it right amazing.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    They were pretty rude with me. Now, add-a-phone isn't free for the 1st added phone, $20 charge. They wouldn't wave that fee, and tried selling the $85 plan where you pay an add'l $10 for unlimited NW. No thanks...

On the phone with their corporate sales office now. Both the customer service person and their manager were quite rude. The individual I'm speaking with at the corporate sales executive level is very nice...though they keep pushing the $85 deal + $10. If he can waive the $10, I'm in...

Nobull
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    C'mon you guys, they have to make SOME money !!!

I just signed up for the 2500 ATM / Unlimited N&W (extra $10/mo) / Unlimited Vision. This plan is running $100.00 per month with no hidden costs. Considering that I'd been paying $159.00/mo for 2000 ATM before they even released the Vision service, I feel, for once, like I got the good end of the deal !!!

Also, my hold times are down to less than 5 minutes, even to get through to a Wireless Web tech.

I like my telco again !!!
    I want 2050 minutes and Sprint, the bastards, won't give it to me for the same price as 750... STOP IT!
    MoronLemke,

Dude(tte), get off your f'in high horse...and while you're at it, get off the board. If you don't like the posts, don't respond to them.

MY only comment was that they dropped the free first add-a-phone. What is wrong with that comment? That's not whining, it's a statement and if I want to see if anyone found a way around it, what problem is that for you? Also, there is NOTHING wrong with trying to get a sweeter deal.

I'm done with it, I signed up for the 2000AT with NW fee waived for 6 months. I'm happy. Nobody in c/s would do this...so I'm letting people know they can get it if they call executive level sales.

Sorry rest of the board. This guy (MLEMKE) is driving me nuts!

This discussion is OVER!

Nobull
    Last edited by nobull; 10/19/2002 at 10:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I had the most pleasant experience with SPC/CSS last night and wanted to share it. I bought my Treo 300 in mid August and since then have not been able to get on the vision side of the Sprint web site or access my vision email account. To make matters even worse the forth icon in settings would not appear. Last night I made one of my many, many calls to Sprint tech and by pure chance a lady by the name of Kathy answered the phone in less than 10 minutes. She was very nice and said I had suffered long enough and that she would do her best to have things working before her shift ended. She asked me to give her some time to work and for my landline telephone number. She said she would call me back when she had things working and walk me through the settings to put both on the web site and in my Treo 300. Three hours later, sure enough she kept her word and called me back with things working. She then walked me through both settings and everything came to life. A littte later in the night when I went to set up my email I needed some more help and called tech back and asked for Kathy. The man who answered said he would have to see if she would take my call. A few minutes later Kathy was on the line and calling me by name. Not only did she help me set up my email she helped me make some more adjustments to my network settings. Then she took some more time to make sure I was on the right new holiday plan. I was so impresed I asked to speak with her boss and asked him to put something in her file telling about how good she was and how much she had helped me. He was happy to do so and said the if more customers would let them know what kind of job their techs were doing it would help them in evaluating them. So my sugestion is that when you run into a tech that is helpful and knows their stuff that you let their bosses know about it.
  9.    #9  
    All right MacFan, admit it. Kathy is your wife -- right???

Actually, if you speak to her again, could you give her my number? I haven't been able to get on the Vision side either!!

Craig
    Is this Kathy married???

NCTreo300
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    No, Kathy is not my wife but I am happy enough with her right now I'd make her my girlfriend in a minute. All kidding aside she is very good. She works afternoons and her shift ends just before midnight. You might think about calling tech, asking for her, and seeing if she will take your call. BTW, I used the 1-866-667-5556 number from the famous Sprint letter.
    I agree with positive feedback if someone does well having been on help desks myself in the past but I must admit it does have the effect of taking the best people out of those positions since they will be promoted if it happens enough.

She'll probably go to the "next tier" of support which means that it will take 45 minutes to get to her instead of 10.

In all seriousness though, she does deserve it. =)

Best,
    D.
  13.    #13  
    Well, here's is a classic. I called the number MacFan posted, and asked for Kathy. She wasn't there, but DJ said he would try to help. I explained the situation, that someone I know was able to get the issue fixed with Kathy. His response was that it was his understanding that this wasn't able to be fixed until 10/25 (which I had heard before). He did say that he would be willing to double check it though. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes, and came back and said that whoever said they had it fixed was wrong. Yep, he said you were wrong MacFan. How 'bout dem apples?

I wish to recind my first post in this thread. Sprint sucks again.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. It is frustrating, I know from my own experience, Let me assure you that Kathy fixed my web vision access problem as well as email. She had it working last night and I just checked and it is still working fine today. I don't know her personally so I don't know her total work schedule. Maybe she doesn't work weekends, could be. I mentioned that I got her by accident nad was just lucky that she knew the fix. I went through a good number of techs that gave me the same informantion you were given. I do remember her saying that what ever she did to get hings working for me the techs were told NOT to do but she felt that if it got things working for her customers she was going to do it anyway.
    here's my latest with sprint customer service. i had been following all the posts about the new service plans. on thursday night some folks had already signed up. so i figured it was about 11 p.m., probably a decent time to call, not too busy. the guy i got said he was aware of the new plans but they had been told at a meeting that they would start nov 2!

friday morning, the link on this site took me right to the sprint site showing the new plans. so i called from work. the first person i got said they were all new so she had to check it on the computer. she proceeded to put me on music hold where i sat for 15 minutes before finally hanging up and calling back.

the next person was able to quickly and easily change my plan and give me exactly what i wanted so i'm saving $15 a month, have more phone minutes than i usually use in a year, and everybody was happy.

too bad it took 3 tries. i asked the 3rd person if anybody at sprint actually reads what is being said about their customer service on these discussion boards, and she said yes. i guess the question is 'are they doing anything about it'... still, the plans are great and i love the treo 300
    I bought the Treo 300 last Monday. I was on the old 8 mb plan for three days. Lack of Vision services caused me to call in hours after the new plan was announced. I switched yesterday morning, but still no joy. Endless calls have produced no success in getting any email access at all. Each Sprint person has a slightly different story, but the "we are upgrading our web site" story is the most common. I've been hearing it since last Tuesday. What does it take to get an account switched to Vision? The web site will not give me any access to any PCS Vision services, passcodes, usernames, etc.
    Originally posted by kmtoner
    I bought the Treo 300 last Monday. I was on the old 8 mb plan for three days. Lack of Vision services caused me to call in hours after the new plan was announced. I switched yesterday morning, but still no joy. Endless calls have produced no success in getting any email access at all. Each Sprint person has a slightly different story, but the "we are upgrading our web site" story is the most common. I've been hearing it since last Tuesday. What does it take to get an account switched to Vision? The web site will not give me any access to any PCS Vision services, passcodes, usernames, etc.
    What's the problem? Just the Sprint email or Vision access too?
    I can't get any email on the phone or the Sprint PCS web site, though I can get the Internet and use Blazer and other browsers. The problem apparently relates to Sprint not processing password orders correctly. They tell me it may be fixed by Oct. 25 or Nov. 2, but until then I have no icon on My Profile>Settings whereby I can select a PCS Vision password. I asked for a credit since I can't use any email service, business connection, or Vision programs until it's fixed, but Sprint says the first 3 months are free, so tough luck. I guess I get what I paid for.
    If it makes you feel any better, when it does work, it's awesome.

For the first time, I will actually feel comfortable leaving my laptop home when I don't need it and not feel like I'm missing something.
    I take it you've tried logging on to the http://www.sprintpcs.com from a home computer as well? Then click on the LOGON icon? It then asks for your cell number & password or your vision account <first initial><lastname><#>@sprintpcs.com and password?

If so, have you logged in with your cell number and the password you set to your account and then changed your vision password?

Not sure if this is really helpful, but just a thought...

As JoeTampa said, it rules!

Good luck!

NCTreo300
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast