Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by kmtoner
    I can't get any email on the phone or the Sprint PCS web site, though I can get the Internet and use Blazer and other browsers. The problem apparently relates to Sprint not processing password orders correctly. They tell me it may be fixed by Oct. 25 or Nov. 2, but until then I have no icon on My Profile>Settings whereby I can select a PCS Vision password. I asked for a credit since I can't use any email service, business connection, or Vision programs until it's fixed, but Sprint says the first 3 months are free, so tough luck. I guess I get what I paid for.
    Use a POP account other than the one provided by Sprint. Use Eudora or SnapperMail to get it.
    I have tried several times to go to sprintpcs.com, log in with my cell phone number, go to My Profiles, and change Settings for the new Vision service. The problem is that my Settings don't include any Vision services yet. No option appears on that page. Back on my PCS homepage, I can see that email is waiting, but I cannot access mail, calendar, addresses, etc., because I cannot set up a password for web mail.

Sprint is currently upgrading all of its email services. For 6 days, the web site has produced a loop where I am encouraged to enroll in PCS web mail, an email name is reserved for me, but I cannot assign a password because the site returns me each time to the page that encourages me to sign up for web mail. 3 Customer Service techs have told me that it's an upgrade in process and nothing can be done.

As for using another POP3 account, I don't think I have one. I use hotmail.com, but I have read that this sort of webmail is not accessible via the Vision/Treo service. My main email is behind a firewall at my office. For the next 4 months we are migrating from groupwise to MS Outlook/Exchange. Until then, I don't think that mail is accessible either. I have Eudora loaded on the Treo, but I don't know where to forward mail until SprintPCS Vision is up and running.
    I have tried several times to go to sprintpcs.com, log in with my cell phone number, go to My Profiles, and change Settings for the new Vision service. The problem is that my Settings don't include any Vision services yet. No option appears on that page. Back on my PCS homepage, I can see that email is waiting, but I cannot access mail, calendar, addresses, etc., because I cannot set up a password for web mail.

Sprint is currently upgrading all of its email services. For 6 days, the web site has produced a loop where I am encouraged to enroll in PCS web mail, an email name is reserved for me, but I cannot assign a password because the site returns me each time to the page that encourages me to sign up for web mail. 3 Customer Service techs have told me that it's an upgrade in process and nothing can be done.

As for using another POP3 account, I don't think I have one. I use hotmail.com, but I have read that this sort of webmail is not accessible via the Vision/Treo service. My main email is behind a firewall at my office. For the next 4 months we are migrating from groupwise to MS Outlook/Exchange. Until then, I don't think that mail is accessible either. I have Eudora loaded on the Treo, but I don't know where to forward mail until SprintPCS Vision is up and running.
    If you have to use Hotmail then look at ThinAirMail or try to access Hotmail via your Blazer web browser. I haven't used ThinAirMail but it claims to be able to access Hotmail.

You're right that the Sprint web site has issues. Unfortunately if you keep monkeying with it you may break your data access to the Internet.
    I've tried accessing another POP account via my Treo 300, but still no success. I'm convinced this is a Sprint PCS Vision security issue on my account. I can access the POP server from any other location on the Internet, but not from my phone. The authorization always fails. A friend bought the Treo 300 at the same time I did. Sprint Customer Service had to reset his password twice, but now he has full access to Sprint email, Vision services, and the same POP account I'm trying to connect with.
    Thin Air mail does not work on the Treo. I tried it because it does IMAP and is free and it worked on my old Kyo 6035. No luck on the Treo or the Samsung I300. Oh well.
    Let's face it folks. T-Mobile is the reason all this is happening. Sprint is trying to compete and we are benefiting.

I just changed to an unlimited data plan too. Best of all, instead of a 2 year commitment I'm now on a 1 year commitment with no penalty.
    I've tried accessing another POP account via my Treo 300, but still no success. I'm convinced this is a Sprint PCS Vision security issue on my account. I can access the POP server from any other location on the Internet, but not from my phone. The authorization always fails. A friend bought the Treo 300 at the same time I did. Sprint Customer Service had to reset his password twice, but now he has full access to Sprint email, Vision services, and the same POP account I'm trying to connect with.

1. Forget about the Sprint e-mail for now. Lot's of people are having problems with it where others aren't. Seems to be random.

2. What email client are you using? You may want to try Eudora

3. Who is the provider of your other POP? Yahoo? ATT?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12