1.    #1  
    In my user folder in my handspring folder, I have TWO backup folders - one called Backup and the other called Backup0. Neither of them is an accurate representation of what's on my Treo, and after the few hard resets i've done, files that have long been deleted from my Treo show up again on the device (they are in the folder Backup).

Why are there two folders? Which is being used after a hard reset to reinstall the apps? And how do I get them to be i sync again?

Thanks
    Hey,

What I do is make another directory like backup copy and cut and paste backup into it when I do a complete backup of my prism. I use filez to make the backup bit active on everything on my prism and then hotsync. Everything is backed up so if something happens to my visor again I don't have to worry. I try to do this every week. When you do a hard reset all of your stuff should go back on your visor when you hotsync. If not drag all the stuff from your backup folder into the files to install folder or install folder. I hope that helps.
    Cheers
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by visorprismman
    Hey,

What I do is make another directory like backup copy and cut and paste backup into it when I do a complete backup of my prism. I use filez to make the backup bit active on everything on my prism and then hotsync. Everything is backed up so if something happens to my visor again I don't have to worry. I try to do this every week. When you do a hard reset all of your stuff should go back on your visor when you hotsync. If not drag all the stuff from your backup folder into the files to install folder or install folder. I hope that helps.
    i'm having a hard time following.... what if I just delete the existing backup folders and then sync? Will this create a new, up-to-date backup folder?
    Originally posted by bigmdime
    i'm having a hard time following.... what if I just delete the existing backup folders and then sync? Will this create a new, up-to-date backup folder?
    The answer to your question is YES, when you sync again a new Backup Folder will be created. Although what I suggest is that you delete the contents of the Backup Folders rather than the Folders themselves.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Sanjay

The answer to your question is YES, when you sync again a new Backup Folder will be created. Although what I suggest is that you delete the contents of the Backup Folders rather than the Folders themselves.
    do you know why I have a Backup and a Backup0?
    I have no idea as to why you would have two folders. What I suggest you do is that you delete the folder with your hotsyn name and all its sub folders. Then just do a hotsync and the software will recreate your Hotsync name folder and all of the required sub folders and backup your data and programs afresh from your Treo. This a pretty safe procedure which I have done a couple of times myself for various reasons. The only risk would be if you had to do a hard reset between the time you deleted the folders from your PC and did a hotsync. I would think the odds for that would be quite minimal.

Sanjay
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    I have no idea as to why you would have two folders. What I suggest you do is that you delete the folder with your hotsyn name and all its sub folders. Then just do a hotsync and the software will recreate your Hotsync name folder and all of the required sub folders and backup your data and programs afresh from your Treo. This a pretty safe procedure which I have done a couple of times myself for various reasons. The only risk would be if you had to do a hard reset between the time you deleted the folders from your PC and did a hotsync. I would think the odds for that would be quite minimal.

Sanjay
    I did this... but now my "backup" folder - the one that was recreated - is empty. It no longer has all my apps in it. This means that on a hard reset, it won't reinstall those apps.

How can I get those apps all backed up into the backup folder?
    That's too much work man.

Go to Palmgear.com and get SyncAll -- a free app. It set the backup bits on all of your data an dfiles everytime that you turn on your unit -- and it aint a hack.

Hey,

My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    The backup bits on your apps need to be set. See my post above about SyncAll. Install it and turn your unit on and off. Then hotsync again.

I did this... but now my "backup" folder - the one that was recreated - is empty. It no longer has all my apps in it. This means that on a hard reset, it won't reinstall those apps.

How can I get those apps all backed up into the backup folder?
  10.    #10  
    Hey,

unless i'm doing something wrong, setting the backup bit to on in FileZ is not backing everything up in the backup folder.
    Dude try SyncAll. It backs up everything automatically when you power on the unit. And its ***** Proof (not that I am saying you are an ***** or anything ).

unless i'm doing something wrong, setting the backup bit to on in FileZ is not backing everything up in the backup folder.
    Do yourself a BIG favor and go get BackupBuddy from BlueNomad. It resolves several "Backup" issues. It backs up data files that hotsync skips due to them having associated conduits, plus, it keeps an "Archive" folder with everything you've removed from your palm, and a nice "clean" backup folder that ONLY contains stuff currently on your device. Why is that important? The standard backup keeps EVERYTHING you ever had on your palm in the backup folder, and if you have to do a hard reset, you get EVERYTHING back on it (and sometimes 10 lbs of C*ap don't fit in a 5 lb bag....)

Take it from a Palm developer how has to reset devices constanly, BB is a lifesaver.... It's what the HotSync backup should have been after all these years.

--- bry