1.    #1  
    that what the csr told me from sprint. i called asking if i could in fact use my treo as a modem & after being on hold for a year i was told i have to wait for the "connection kit" for the treo. in three to four weeks he said. but until then is there anyone who is actually using their treo as a modem now & if so, where do i get the software? i did a search on this forum and found the only app for using treo as a modem is no longer available. any others out there? incidentally, anyone using a vision "card" for their laptop? how fast (downloading mp3's?) is it?
    yes, where i can get modem to work for treo3000
    I would be quite surprised if Sprint had something in 3-4 weeks. They're definitely not using my software as Sprint hasn't contacted me about licensing it. If they've developed it on their own, that would be great, but my personal opinion is that it is unlikely.
    IMO, if Sprint has anything, Handspring must have developed it.

Scott, modem software for the Treo 300 is now a very viable concept with the unlimited data plans. I hope you can resume development on it or find someone to work with that could continue the development.

FWIW, I want to be able to connect via USB to a powerbook running Mac OS X.
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    I concur. I would love it if Scott figured out a way to continue development without getting the support harassment.

I've done several things to try and get the demo version working with both IR and serial cable. I'm going to try and take another stab at it this weekend. I think the problem I was having with the serial connection had to do with windows init strings but time will tell

Also I REALLY doubt sprint or handspring will ever have this software. Considering the unlimited "vision" doesn't apply when the phone is connected to a PC.
    Is it possible to use the treo as a modem for the pda itself. For example, can you make a call from the treo to hotsynch with you pc via modem?
    I concur with the other users on this board. I would love to have a treo to OS X modem through USB, and would pay a fair amount for it. Might as well get some use out of this new unlimited data plan from sprint
    For Mac OS X 10.2 users, I may be able to do something. I have a working driver for OS X 10.2 and the Treo 300; you basically launch an application, create your network connection and then when you're done doing data, you quit the application (not as seamless as the other Treos, but Handspring made a mess out of the 300). If OS X 10.2 users are willing to give it a shot (I can only provide limited support), please send email to treo300@notifymail.com. I'll send a disc image with the driver and the Treo application.

As this driver took me many, many long hours to develop, the software is now quite expensive (the Treo 180/270 driver took almost no time to write) at $65. If there is a cheaper solution out there, I definitely encourage people to use it.

(I'm not responsbile for any charges you incur by running the program.)
    Anyone that has tried to send email to treo300@notifymail.com, please try to resend it. Due to a configuration error on the mail server, mail was getting returned. Sorry about that. I've corrected it and mail should be working fine again.
    Well darn,

I'm not a MAC user. I've did have success this weekend with the old downloadable version connecting. I could get a few seconds of connection and data transfer on my treo 300 using serial and 38400 baud rate. Then it seemed to stop responding. So a couple of questions.

Did you have to alter the PALM app on the treo 300 to get it to work?

Do you know any reason that using serial on the treo 300 would fail on the treo side?

I realize that you want nothing to do with Windows. I'm just trying to figure out if it is possible to get windows and the treo 300 to work via serial. If you think it should be then I'll continue trying.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Originally posted by richlee91
    Well darn,

I'm not a MAC user. I've did have success this weekend with the old downloadable version connecting. I could get a few seconds of connection and data transfer on my treo 300 using serial and 38400 baud rate. Then it seemed to stop responding. So a couple of questions.

Did you have to alter the PALM app on the treo 300 to get it to work?

Do you know any reason that using serial on the treo 300 would fail on the treo side?

I realize that you want nothing to do with Windows. I'm just trying to figure out if it is possible to get windows and the treo 300 to work via serial. If you think it should be then I'll continue trying.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
    I made a few tweaks for the Treo 300, but I'm not sure that they were really needed. I was fighting with the poor transfer speeds and it was a result of the transparent proxy Sprint is using (as far as I understand it). I'm going to play around more with it starting tomorrow (when my new Vision plan kicks in). I'm still unsure of the future of the software right now.
    If you decide to continue with the software I would be very happy to be an alpha/beta for anything in the future.

Thank you for your work.

Rich