1.    #1  
    I plan on buying a Treo 90 next week, but have some concerns about where/whom I buy from.

Don't the newest released treo's have the stylus and sdio issues worked out? If so, how can I ensure that if I buy a treo from an internet vendor that I am getting the latest treo with the issues worked out.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Gary
    That's a good question - I'd be surprised if any recently-shipping unit have the SDIO update, since it's so easy to get from Handspring's site. I would think your chances of getting one w/o the loose stylus problem are good, though. I've had mine for around 4 months, and have had no stylus problems at all, so hopefully the supply chain has weeded out most of the bad ones.
    ... and to help ya get a good $$ deal...
    http://www.ableshopper.com/Staples_coupons.shtml
    Scroll to the page bottom for the $30 off coupon, which should yield a basket total of $249.99. Free shipping. If there's a problem, both Staples and Handspring have proven to be quite reliable.
  4.    #4  
    if it were you, would you hold off a month to have a better shot at getting one with SDIO?

Thanks for your responses!
    Gary
    Just FYI, I took the plunge and bought a Treo 90 from Staples this week. I used the $30.00-off coupon, making the price $249.99, but they charged me tax. Still, $266-and-change total cost is lower than I could find anywhere else, I didn't have to do a rebate to get it, and it was in my hands 48 hours after I ordered it.

I'm looking forward to switching over from my Palm V (not Vx!) this weekend.

Tad
  6.    #6  
    Yeah...I've searched everywhere for the lowest prices. With the coupon, I don't think you can beat Staples prices.

Oh, disregard my question regarding SDIO on the new treo's. I didn't realize that it was just a software driver update.

Thanks all!

Gary
    Originally posted by GaryC
    Yeah...I've searched everywhere for the lowest prices. With the coupon, I don't think you can beat Staples prices.

Oh, disregard my question regarding SDIO on the new treo's. I didn't realize that it was just a software driver update.

Thanks all!

Gary
    Well, disregard notwithstanding, Handspring has been shipping units with the update pre-installed since they developed it, so you should have a good shot of getting one with it installed.

If not, I encourage you to apply the update (if you feel you positively need it) before you start adding things to your handheld, because the update completely wipe's and replaces the Treo's ROM image. It's not deadly or anything, but it's also not as cut-and-dried as "just a...drive update" if ya know what I mean!