1.    #1  
    and it holds the treo very securely! But how in the how heck do you get the darn thing back out.....next to impossible!
    *** ------------ Insert Catchy Tagline Here ------------ ***
    Originally posted by cspuryear
    and it holds the treo very securely! But how in the how heck do you get the darn thing back out.....next to impossible!
    Welcome to the club, with little practice you will be able to pull the Treo out with your fore finger and thumb.

However I have to warn you I have dropped my treo once and would be very carefull while swinging my hand while in the vicinity of the holster.

In my case my hand accidently hit the treo on a forward swing and the Treo flew out of the holster and bounced on all four corners and the antena and the came to rest quite a distant away luckly i got away with a few scratches and deminished respect for the holster.
    I had the same problem. This clip SUX for something that costs $500. My unit fell out the second day I had it on my belt. That was the last time I used it. Fortunatly mine fell on a carpet and was shaken but not damaged. I can imagine the damage if it had been outside on conrete. Handspring should be responsible for any problems this piece of junk creates. Take a look at the Brookstone case for small phones. $12, solid leather, room for the earpiece, etc.

BTW, I ended up using the Belt Clip in my car.
    MRL-MO
    I got a belt clip/holster beast free from Handspring, and I have to agree with inital poster - mine is hard to get out, which makes me wonder if all the posters in this thread are talking about the same product? or, maybe there are differing amounts of 'hold' in the holsters? When I initially got mine, the Treo was REALLY hard to remove. It's getting easier, but I can't imagine any scenario in which it would fall out, much less get knocked out by a swinging hand.
    Mine is the big black monster, with the 'Designed by Ideo' thing on the back, right below the belt clip. It's a beast.
    That's the one. If it's hit the right way, get a catchers mit cause it's going flying...
    MRL-MO
    Although I agree that the fit is a bit tight, and it isn't the fastest "Quick Release", my big issue with the holster is that there is absolutely no way to make a call w/o removing it from the holster itself. You can answer calls OK, but without access to the jog dial, there is no way to even speed dial.

I've been tempted to take the dremmel tool to the thing to expose the Jog dial, but haven't had the time or nerve to do it yet.

And yes, if you happen to not have your headset plugged in and you phone rings while in the holster, theres a good chance the call will forward to voice mail before you get a chance to get it out.

bry
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I got a belt clip/holster beast free from Handspring, and I have to agree with inital poster - mine is hard to get out, which makes me wonder if all the posters in this thread are talking about the same product? or, maybe there are differing amounts of 'hold' in the holsters? When I initially got mine, the Treo was REALLY hard to remove. It's getting easier, but I can't imagine any scenario in which it would fall out, much less get knocked out by a swinging hand.
    Mine is the big black monster, with the 'Designed by Ideo' thing on the back, right below the belt clip. It's a beast.
    Yeap thats the one, the belt clip once stuck on your belt can move to 5 different positions. I had it so that it was on my right hand side with the antenna facing ahead (this way it hurts the least when you sit down on a chair) anyways i was walking back from my car towards my house on our concrete driveway my left hand had some heavy bags and thats the reason i was swinging my right hand to balance myself while walking and my hand hit the holster on a vigourous forward motion and the treo went flying.

Eversince i have new renewed respect for my Treo.
    I cut my Handspring holster -- in a couple places.

The first was the curved piece on top. I cut it about in half, so the Treo is much easier to get out but the holster still holds it safely.

The second was the four-button area so they are all accessible.

The third was the jog dial area.

Use metal cutters and a file. If you're careful, you can't even really tell that you customized it.

And while I had my file out, I smoothed the top edge of the flip cover on the Treo -- much easier on the ear.
    That's weird - I love the clip holster. I can get the Treo out essentially instantly - my thumb pushes the antenna out from my body ever so slightly while my ring finger lifts from the bottom.

It also does hold it very securely.

Perhaps they have revamped it? I bought mine a few days ago at Staples for $24.99. I did notice that they were backordered on Handspring's site at that time - would make sense if they changed it.
    Backorder = Change?

I don't get it...
    MRL-MO
    Sold out / threw out the old, and did not have the new available.

Just a guess on my part, no known fact here.
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    I cut my Handspring holster -- in a couple places.

The first was the curved piece on top. I cut it about in half, so the Treo is much easier to get out but the holster still holds it safely.

The second was the four-button area so they are all accessible.

The third was the jog dial area.

Use metal cutters and a file. If you're careful, you can't even really tell that you customized it.

And while I had my file out, I smoothed the top edge of the flip cover on the Treo -- much easier on the ear.
    Hey MobileDave, how about posting a couple of jpegs on your "artwork"? I used a Dremel tool to take a chunk out for the jog dial and that works well, but I am having a hard time envisioning your other modifications without the holster actually not holding the Treo any longer.

Another tip: if you Dremel out the side for the jog dial, have Voice Command from Sprint, and set up the 2nd speed dial button with "*", it is a cinch to make calls!
    "Hey MobileDave, how about posting a couple of jpegs on your "artwork"?

Now that I see these pics, my holster suddenly looks more kloogy than I first thought Maybe I should take my file about again.... I probably cut the top curved part just a touch more than I wanted to, but it's still long enough to hold the Treo (it's never fallen out, and I've ran with it, bumped it, wrestled with my boys, etc.).

http://home.attbi.com/~wifidave/jog.GIF
    http://home.attbi.com/~wifidave/buttons.GIF

These pics are only accessible via the desktop, for some reason. While you're there, you can just go to the "wifidave" part of the url and see my Treo homepage (with apologies to smallsites and others).