1.    #1  
    I have been signed up for about a half dozen Yahoo! Alerts for about three weeks now. The only ones I consistanly receive are those for weather. Any one else having issues. I have 2 sport alerts set to update me as scores change with no notice. Breaking new, never see a thing.

Are there better alerts services than these. I have used the eBay alerts through MSN and those have worked but these from Yahoo! have been worthless.

Thoughts...
    MRL-MO
    CNN.com has good email alerts.
    I was trying to get Yahoo weather alerts, but I just got an SMS saying weather unavailable for xxxxx zip code. But it wasn't even for the requested zip. I turned it off.
    If you use Cingular, they also provide some alert services from the MyWirelessWindow website (you have to sign in with a User ID). Go to the "Alerts" tab and set up your preferences.
    Oh wait a minute, I'm in the Treo 300 forum ... d'oh ... so much for cingular ...
    I've tried Yahoo alerts off and on for several years, and the only one that has been halfway reliable was the email alert. The news/sports/etc. alerts have been spotty at best. Plus the content is terrible.

As much as I hate to say it, I think the MSN alerts are the most reliable. I really like their new traffic alerts -- very impressive and fast.