1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the Nokia cark-125 kit? (E.g., shown here:
    http://www.iphones.ws/cark-125.html ).

I don't have a Treo yet, but do have this kit for my Nokia 3390, and from what I've read, the earpiece/mic plugs are compatible. If so, then it would be great to be able to plug it into to this combo speaker/mic car kit - even if it wouldn't charge. Of course the holder would be useless, but the molded cigarette lighter adapter/speaker works very well with my 3390.

The gotcha probably is that that the dual molded plug won't fit in the Treo even if I turn it sideways ... looking at the pictures (for the 180 anyway), this might work.
    From the picture, it appears that the audio and power are derived from the connector on the bottom of the Nokia which is assuredly not compatible with the Treo. The headsets that do work plug into the 2.5mm jack on the Treo.
    Hmmm. You know, I have one of these for my Nokia 8290. I haven't tried it, but it *may* actually plug in by letting the power part of the plug stick behind the treo... (the adapter uses a "combo plug" with the standard Nokia power plug and the 4-conductor headset plug built into one "plug")...

I may try it...

Paul
    OK, I tried it. No Workee. It will plug in, and the Treo thinks a headset is plugged in, but no sound comes out of the car kit speaker...

Oh Well.

Paul
  5.    #5  
    OK, I tried it. No Workee. It will plug in, and the Treo thinks a headset is plugged in, but no sound comes out of the car kit speaker...
    That's discouraging. My Treo arrives Friday - I'll give it a whirl. Hmm, now why would a Jabra 4 conductor earpiece work (from what I've read), but not the handsfree.... I'm intrigued. I'll let you know what happens.
  6.    #6  
    No luck ... the plug fits but nothing out of the speaker.

My theory is that the car kit needs to sense some power going through the charging part of the plug before it turns on. So... next step is to stick a resistor across the charging plug. Fingers crossed!