1.    #1  
    After fighting thru Clair today to check on my data usage for the first 2 weeks of owning my Treo, I was told that I didn't need to worry about it as I get unlimited data usage for the first 3 months. I knew I got Vision free for 3 months, but didn't think that included all the data I can eat.

Has anyone confirmed this?
    If sprint can't track the data usage and provide the customer with that info, they can't charge you for it. I believe they are offering the first 3 months for free because they realize they can't charge people for something the customer can't track. It's going to suck after the first 3 months. I'm going to go over my 8MB limit in a few days. That's just my assessment.

~Lemieux66
    Originally posted by djslais
    After fighting thru Clair today to check on my data usage for the first 2 weeks of owning my Treo, I was told that I didn't need to worry about it as I get unlimited data usage for the first 3 months. I knew I got Vision free for 3 months, but didn't think that included all the data I can eat.

Has anyone confirmed this?
    It's "all you can eat" for the first three months. I've had my Treo for two billing cycles now and have not been charged for data usage.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the confirmation - talking to Sprint's first line rep doesn't exactly give me a ton of confidence in anything they say, so I appreciate the info!

DJ
    Hey enagel... would you mind telling us what was the final count for your data usage for the two statements you received? As a new user, I have NO idea what to expect and am just curious.

Also, would you consider yourself a heavy, medium or light data user? (How many emails and web pages per day would you estimate you use?)

thx!

-Serp
    Just got back from Radio Shack (bought the 300) and they told me to wait till the weekend to activate the phone because sprint is offering new plans and you can get UNLIMITED Vision for $10/month!!!!!!!! The guy promised me this (I asked as it has been rumored on the web today). So isn't that cool?
    Originally posted by Serpico
    Hey enagel... would you mind telling us what was the final count for your data usage for the two statements you received? As a new user, I have NO idea what to expect and am just curious.

Also, would you consider yourself a heavy, medium or light data user? (How many emails and web pages per day would you estimate you use?)

thx!

-Serp
    Unfortunately, SPCS does not provide, as of yet, any indication on the invoices as to the total amount of data usage. Additionally, the kbtracker app from pdaapps.com has just recently come out as a way to track data use.

I would categorize myself as a heavy data user (many web site accesses, use of Eudora to check POP3 accounts, and use of SPCS Business Connection to sync with the desktop every 30 minutes as well as to push new email to the Treo). As such, I am heartened to see the postings today indicating that SPCS may go to unlimited data for a minimal fee. If they don't, I'll have to scale way back my use of the Treo.
    When I called Sprint Customer Service a few days back, they explicitly told me that my data usage WOULD be on my 3 free months statements... the reason being so that I could see how much data I was using, and subsquently select a plan to match my usage habits... I guess Sprint "Customer Service" strikes again.