1.    #1  
    Well I'm a bit upset.... I've had my treo since August 20th. I bought it for myself on my birthday.

Well I dropped it for the first time today on carpet... My screen is screwed!!!

I have mutlicolored lines across my entire screen!

I watched it fall from my case. It fell flat screen face down.

Has anyone else seen this type of problem after they have dropped their Treo or Palm???
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    Actually,

i've dropped my treo pretty bad twice..........each time it was fine.....although once, I had to search for my stylus in the bushes (it fell out)

I had no probs after mine dropped (on pavement too)...........call Handspring's support.....the limited warranty may cover your probs....
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    It's too bad you didn't pay the 4.00 per month charge for Sprint's protection plan. Then you could submit a claim and they would send you another 'reconditioned' treo 300 for a $35.00 deductible.

Oh wait....it only covers 'lost' or 'stolen', not dropped and broken.
    I've had the protection plan from Sprint for years, and it covered my Samsung sch-8500 when it fried, so I think the plan covers more than just the lost/stolen scenario. Maybe that's changed with the Treo. I recommend it - especially with the Treo....
    I've had the protection plan from Sprint for years, and it covered my Samsung sch-8500 when it fried, so I think the plan covers more than just the lost/stolen scenario. Maybe that's changed with the Treo. I recommend it - especially with the Treo....
    Lk,

Why even state that you dropped it? Just bring it back and tell them that your problem started without reason?

CS
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  7. Puk
    Originally posted by djslais
    At least in the past, when I've talked about that with Sprint, they say they will replace it for any reason, including you dropping and breaking it (if you get the replacement plan you mention).

I didn't have it with my old phone, but my Treo is too expensive _not_ to have it, so I've got it now.

-Puk
    Originally posted by csherman
    Lk,

Why even state that you dropped it? Just bring it back and tell them that your problem started without reason?

Um, because that would be fraud?
    Not that two wrongs make a right, but some of Sprint's "doing's" lately wreak of fraud and misrepresentation!

At any rate, as stated before I believe that the protection plan covers screwups like drops, etc.
    Fraud???

Yep, sure would!

Sprint has earned it.
    Sprint may not meet your expectations, and you may be PO'd at them, but that's not a reason to make other Sprint customers pay for your mistakes.

You think the money for your shiny new phone comes out of the Sprint decision-makers' paychecks? Or do you think it comes from other Sprint customers subsidizing your fraud in the form of rate hikes, reduced service, and the like?

Sheesh.

(end flame)
    BB,

I was only half serious -- the evil half. Honestly though, if I dropped my phone on carpeting and it busted, you can be sure I would go to the Sprint store insisting on a replacement. Afterall, it's not like he dropped it on concrete....

Morally bankrupt yours,

Craig
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Bbonnn
    [B]Sprint may not meet your expectations, and you may be PO'd at them, but that's not a reason to make other Sprint customers pay for your mistakes.

You think the money for your shiny new phone comes out of the Sprint decision-makers' paychecks? Or do you think it comes from other Sprint customers subsidizing your fraud in the form of rate hikes, reduced service, and the like?

Sheesh.

(end flame)

Doesn't it come from the $4 per month "insurance" policy, and not from guys like you? And also, remember there is no need to lie anyway.....chill.