Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm just trying to use the regular ones in the sample database, not from palmgsm.net. I see the 'loading ringtone' pop-up box but then it disappears, but NO sound.

On top of that, if I choose 'System MIDI sounds', THOSE actually WORK!

What gives here guys, any idea why I cannot hear ring tones? I have ringo.prg and the ringo_color.prc and the treosounds-sample.pdb (or whatever its called) and i hit 'preview on any of the sample sounds, and I get the above behavior.

Is there some system setting I need to be changing? All my sounds are 'on' in the Prefs, and my ringer is on 'Loud'...

Thanks!
    WOW! I just tried it and it actually works. Thanks a lot everyone for your insightful posts. I just made a "Sandstorm" ringer and it is LOUD! Sounds awesome. I don't know quite how to post them on the net, since all of the places that I used to use are gone. You'll have to forgive me as I was called up to reserve (military)duty for 13 months and just got back.

I will email it if you want though. I will definitely be making more.....as a matter of fact, right now.
    Sorry for taking so long to post but for what ever reason I guess I got unsubscribed from this form and wasn't receive any new post emails. I'm glad people are actualy using my quick guide, and for the person who couldn't d/l my bat file it was because my firewall was down for 2days while I fixed it but everything is up and working now. Glad things are working out for everyone,
    Dan
    Hi all. please note my ringtones, all 58 of them, are now available for free at palmgear.com

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...7&prodID=46151

if you happen to be beta testing TCRinger, which is more strict than Ringo on ringtone size, or just want smaller ringtones (it only actually made a difference on about 8 of them) then download from here instead, which is only 50 tones because 8 of them were just too big for TCRinger

www.aaronstein.com/TCTones.zip
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Thanks for the website
    Hey BulletFast,

Does this work on a Mac running OSX? I tried last night to get this to work following your instructions, but I'm afraid it might be a PC only solution. Does anyone know how to get ringtones to work on OSX? Thanks.

Originally posted by bulletfast
    Before I write a full guide here's a quick and dirty method of getting midi tones to work on your treo.

1: Download ringo:
    http://electricpocket.com/ringo3.zip

2: Download palm midi desktop:
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/red...=3448&type=zip

3: Install ringo

4: search the net for a small midi file

5: Download my simple bat file for running palm midi desktop:
    http://www.bulletfast.com/run.bat

Or just make your own bat file and include the following line:
    jview -cp:a PalmMidiDesktop.jar PalmMidiDesktop

Just make sure that your bat file or mine is in the directory where you unzipped palm midi desktop to.

6: Open the folder where you unziped ringo to and look for the file named treoringtones.com-sample.pdb

7: Copy treoringtones.com-sample.pdb to the folder where you unziped palm midi desktop to

8: Run the bat file to start palm midi desktop

9: Open the treoringtones.com-sample.pdb file in palm midi desktop

10: Click file then import and choose the midi file

11: Click file then save, then exit the program.

12: double click on the pdb file to install it.

13: sync your treo 300 up with your computer to install the pdb

14: open ringo on your treo

15: Click on the very top right menu in rigo where it says personal ring tones

16: choose treoringtones.com-sample

17: locate your midi file in the list and choose copy

18: exit ringo and go into your main treo home and select prefs

19: choose ring tone

20: select your midi file out of the list of tones

If anyone see any errors please correct me as I am going off my memory. This is only a quick and dirty guide until I make a full guide.

I hope this helps,
    Dan
    Hi Guys,
    I made it through making my first two ringtones 2 nights ago, and they are great. However, I would like some help.

I understand the whole process...but I'm looking for ways to streamline it. I spent a few hours l
    the other night editing to get two songs.

I've found tons of midi files to turn to ringtones (which is really exciting). This is a great site: http://www.mididb.com/

Anyway, I bring them into Anvil and want to have specific sections as the ringtone (normally the chorus). I tried deleting areas using the mixer view, but if I delete the front it often seems to delete info that tells the midi file voice info or tempo info, etc.

I can go into composer view and be very accurate (thank god I can read music), but this can get REALLY tedious if you have a song that has many voices. It's also easy in this program to get off track as to what you've deleted because it moves the measures forward after deleting.

What I'm getting to is....does anyone have any hints for doing this? I'd love to get your input to make this easier. I can't imagine you all spending hours for ringtones.

Michae
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Originally posted by atremorer
    Hi Guys,
    I made it through making my first two ringtones 2 nights ago, and they are great. However, I would like some help.

I understand the whole process...but I'm looking for ways to streamline it. I spent a few hours l
    the other night editing to get two songs.

Michae
    now you know why i have declined to take 'requests' to make specific ringtones, even though i have made over a hundred and have sold a bunch of 'packages'. i started making them for my own amusement but there is no amount of money i could make on any individual song that would make it worth the time if i was not interested in it myself...

anyway, in anvil studio, be sure you are separating the tones into their individual tracks (under the tracks menu). however i agree that you will find some midi files that just seem to lose info when you change them. in that case i usually just try to find a different midi version. my own strategy was to find 4 or 5 versions of each song, then narrow it down to the one i liked the best as a ringtone, but still save the others just in case of the problems you brought out. some i NEVER succeeded getting to a satisfactory ringtone.

once you have the tracks split, you can play with individual tracks for volume and also for instrument. some instruments come across better as ringtones (a matter of personal tast so i won't tell you what i like) and the treo has limited voices so some tracks that sound fine on your computer don't sound good as ringtones until you play with the instruments.

have fun!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Ok-I have figured out that you can download MIDI type ringtones-

but

what I want to do is download something other than music-

does any one know how to convert and/or download WAV files to a TREO 300 that uses Sprint PCS Vision so that I utilize special sounds-animals-tarzan-etc as a ringtone.

or if you know that it is impossible to do it-tell me-so I can stop hitting my head against the wall.

Thanks so much
    the treo can play midi's , not wav's. i have tried a couple of programs that claimed to be able to convert wavs to midis with incredibly awful results so i am inclined to say that it's impossible with any results you would want to use.
    Originally posted by atremorer
    I can go into composer view and be very accurate (thank god I can read music), but this can get REALLY tedious if you have a song that has many voices. It's also easy in this program to get off track as to what you've deleted because it moves the measures forward after deleting.

What I'm getting to is....does anyone have any hints for doing this? I'd love to get your input to make this easier. I can't imagine you all spending hours for ringtones.

Michae
    There is an option in Anvil to cut from the beginning to a certain point and from a point to the end - I forget the exact terminoligy used and don't currently have it installed to check, but I am pretty sure it is midway down the first menu list on the left (in composer view)

re-post if you cant find it and I'll look at home later
    So at this point is there a way to simply purchace a ringtone manager and buy or download some ringtones and them sound good without batch files and 20 steps?

If not will this happen? I would love some new ringtones to play with but don't have time to mess with all the steps that were listed early in this post.
    I personally use TCRinger and have had no problems with it. There is also Ringo, but I had some compatability problems when I had it installed. It may not have been only Ringo that caused it, but TCRinger has been problem free...

if you go to palmgear.com, you can find a few of Aaron's ringtone collections for a minimal price that will get you a variety of good-quality TC-compatible tones. that should be enough to take care of your needs for now
    Originally posted by kayden75

if you go to palmgear.com, you can find a few of Aaron's ringtone collections for a minimal price that will get you a variety of good-quality TC-compatible tones. that should be enough to take care of your needs for now
    thanks for the plug. also available at handango and at aaronstein.com, though i only accept paypal at my personal site... easier that way
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123