Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It was probably just bad timing, but i couldn't get the bat files from bulletfast.com. Anyone have the code for the bat files or another location.
    re the question about the ever growing ringtone list, its not a problem because ringo can clear out the tones u have added if you want to delete some.
    Where is a free midi editor?
  4.    #24  
    Not only a free editor, but one that has an actual user-friendly interface for doing the basical functions (ie. cutting and pasting)

I have looked on google for some, and I have actually DL'ed some of them. However, they are crap....

Someone who has been through this, please do share your wisdom...

Thanks!
    While its far from what I would call nice, Avild Studio is a shareware program that allows you to until work with one file at a type (shareware limitation) but that is perfect for us. It has the ability to cut the songs down shorter, edit out entire instrument tracks (great for cutting down file size) and various other features. THe program is kind of clunky, but its the best tool I have found so far. Go to download.com and search for it. Make sure you use Export as Midi-0 format when you go to make a song that you want on your phone.
    Originally posted by zbose
    While its far from what I would call nice, Avild Studio is a shareware program that allows you to until work with one file at a type (shareware limitation) but that is perfect for us. .
    note - i believe the above should be 'anvil studio'... computers are dumb, spelling counts.

i tried anvil studio once. i may be able to spell but i did not have the patience to work in the program. now that someone smarter than me has said it works maybe i will try it again.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Hehe, well I can't spell, and I can't type on my treo quite yet either

If you have questions about how to get it to work, I can give you a little walk through of what I was doing. One tricky thing, lots of midi's come in a single track, before you are able to work with it, you will need to go track->Split Track into Single-Channel Tracks.

Took me a couple minutes to figure that out.
    HEY, I JUST TRIED THE INSTRUCTIONS HERE AND IT WORKED GREAT!! i used anvil studio to shorten a midi of the theme from disney's electrical parade, then installed it with palm midi desktop, and it works perfectly!! how cool is that!!??

also goes to show what i have been trying to get across to palmgsm about their tones. we don't need whole songs, we need parts. i just used 10 measures of the midi file, minus the drums because i did not think they would sound great on the treo, and it worked like a charm!

love treocentral. Thanks guys (and gals?)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Now, how about this, we need a place to upload our ringtone optimized midis to so that we can all share ringtones with each other for free.

Anyone have a good midi of PPK's Resurrection?
    i just posted the ringtones i made at my own site
    (p.s. i'm an old guy so the songs are older rock stuff and some miscellaneous)

www.aaronstein.com

check this thread i started for more info

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=30093

thanks everybody for all the tips and instructions!
  11.    #31  
    Folks - using Anvil Studio - it's really easy to take the clips of the MIDI file you want. The best way is to 1) use the truncate under File 2) export the file. I just got a couple of songs edited !!!! Took 5 minutes!!

NOW ---- How do I get my *.mid files to become *.pdb that Ringo can read??? I really dont like the Palm Midi Desktop (aka jview -cp:a PalmMidiDesktop.jar PalmMidiDesktop) way to do it.... Anybody else have any suggestions? Aaron, you seem to have gotten your midi's it that format - care to enlighten us??

Thanks.
    I would like a nicer way then using that palm midi desktop program, but I have yet to find it
    Try this web-based tool that I wrote:

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php
    Can anyone can tell me how to use palm midi desktop on mac os X. I know its possible just cant quite figure it out. thanks in advance
    Originally posted by zbose
    I would like a nicer way then using that palm midi desktop program, but I have yet to find it
    actually once i used palm midi desktop i thought it worked like a charm. simple but effective...
    Originally posted by saiful
    Folks - using Anvil Studio - it's really easy to take the clips of the MIDI file you want. The best way is to 1) use the truncate under File 2) export the file. I just got a couple of songs edited !!!! Took 5 minutes!!

NOW ---- How do I get my *.mid files to become *.pdb that Ringo can read??? I really dont like the Palm Midi Desktop (aka jview -cp:a PalmMidiDesktop.jar PalmMidiDesktop) way to do it.... Anybody else have any suggestions? Aaron, you seem to have gotten your midi's it that format - care to enlighten us??

Thanks.
    sorry, had not seen your post, was too busy working on ringtones. i thought palm midi desktop was easy! what am i doing wrong that everybody thinks its such a pain?
    Its not hard, its just not a nice clean program. It bugs me to have to keep a dos box open when I am working, and I have crashed it a couple times.

I guess it will do I am not about to write my own.

The web-based one just posted is a nice alternative.
    well, i think we have pretty well cracked the ringtone thing. guess its time for me to pay for ringo!
    Guys, I am following the ringo procedures to a "T", but when i go to preview any tone from the treoringtones-sample, it's just quiet. Also, the new tone name does not show up in the system ring tone list.

HELP!!!

Thanks,
    Greg
    which ringtones are you using? on the palmgsm.net ones, you have to be patient waiting for them to load because they are large, so the treo is silent for several seconds
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast