Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SprintPCS has just posted version 5.0.4.8 of the Business Connection client for Palm OS. It is supposed to fix the problems that people with the Treo 300 have been having connecting to the desktop client. I'm not sure, but the desktop client may also have been updated, but I run it at my office and can't check the version until tomorrow.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    SprintPCS has just posted version 5.0.4.8 of the Business Connection client for Palm OS. It is supposed to fix the problems that people with the Treo 300 have been having connecting to the desktop client. I'm not sure, but the desktop client may also have been updated, but I run it at my office and can't check the version until tomorrow.

Geoffrey
    Yes, both the BC Palm app and the desktop client have been updated by SPCS.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the information. The Palm client has stopped connecting and I hope that updating the desktop version will fix it. I've been having problems with BizConn since I got it and would really like to be able to use the client on my Palm instead of Blazer.

Geoffrey
    I have been messing with this new Business connection all morning.... I don't know what they are thinking... this is a mess...

Does anyone else have these same issues:

1) If you have your messages set to keep the last 100 or 200 messages on your device, you ar ein for trouble. The new client ONLY holds the last 75 messages, and if you have this set more than that when you upgrade you will get constant fatal errors until you uninstall and reinstall the new client fresh.

2) When you go to get names from your contacts or corporate directory to email a message comes up saying "Feature not supported in this version". I do not get it.. that all was fine in previous versions.

3) After emptying my corporate inbox, this is putting OLD MESSAGES into my PALM from a year ago... they must be on Sprints server because they are NOT on my computer.

4) I can not send a message without error 300 try again.

5) This does not sync all.

I do not know if these are problems with Sprints server (which seems apparent), however, I do not know why it says the features to lookup names is not availabe in this version and it only holds 75 messages not 200...

Things were working fine for me with the last version.

Anyone else with these issues?

Mike
    I've not experienced any of the problems you've described since I upgraded this morning. There are, as you indicated, some changes in this version of the software. Namely, the number of messages that you can store has decreased. Additionally, the maximum number of kb you can initially download on a message is the header plus 3kb instead of the old maximum of 5kb.
    Well, I have yet to get this to work right. It WAS fine before.

Does everyone here also get the feature nto available when going to lookup corp or contact info when sending a message?

I still get these old messgaes and error 300 all the time.

Mike
    Now I don't want to upgrade the damn thing. Obviously, it sounds like they are trying to limit the amount of data that's transferred. I'll bet they have been tracking kb usage and realize that people are blowing away these 2MB and 8MB limits. I'm sure they're trying to preemptively minimize the PRPRPR $damage$ $when$ $they$ $start$ $charging$ $for$ $data$. $Oh$ $man$, $this$ $is$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $mess$. $I$ $bet$ $it$ $won$'$t$ $be$ $long$ $before$ $they$ $offer$ $an$ &$quot$;$unlimited$&$quot$; $plan$ -- $for$ $a$ $price$.
    I knew it. I don't know why I punish myself. I upgraded to BC v. 5.0.4.8 for the Treo (plus the desktop v. 5.0.4.6) and immediately had fatal errors on the handheld. Specifically, at the very end of a manual HotSync, during the time when it says "Cleaning up -- please wait" I get this error:

MemoryMgr.c, Line: 3527, MemMove to NULL

Afterward, I changed my HotSync preferences on the desktop to "Do nothing" with BC, and it HotSync's fine. So I know it's something with BC.

Just wondering, but do you think Sprint has a QA department? Or were they laid off during that last round? Unbelievable.
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    I knew it. I don't know why I punish myself. I upgraded to BC v. 5.0.4.8 for the Treo (plus the desktop v. 5.0.4.6) and immediately had fatal errors on the handheld. Specifically, at the very end of a manual HotSync, during the time when it says "Cleaning up -- please wait" I get this error:

MemoryMgr.c, Line: 3527, MemMove to NULL

Afterward, I changed my HotSync preferences on the desktop to "Do nothing" with BC, and it HotSync's fine. So I know it's something with BC.

Just wondering, but do you think Sprint has a QA department? Or were they laid off during that last round? Unbelievable.

MobileDave,

To fix this just uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

But it doesn't work.. i keep seeing messages from a year ago that are not on my desktop.... It is a big mess.. and it was working fine before...

I do not know if sprint caches these messages but have no idea why I see messages from a year ago.

Dave try to uninstall the app (delete off ahndheld) and reinstall

Mike
    I did the upgrade before I read the thread and got the errors quoted. I kept my previous version of BC and "downgraded" and everything's fine.

I see no benefit to the upgrade however I think the PRPRPR $theory$ $of$ $Sprint$ $BC$ $consuming$ $lots$ $of$ $megs$ $may$ $be$ $right$ $no$ $track$. $I$ $just$ $loaded$ $kbtracker$ $and$ $I$'$ll$ $be$ $glad$ $to$ $pay$ $for$ $the$ $full$ $version$ $if$ $I$ $have$ $any$ $money$ $left$ $after$ $I$ $get$ $my$ $sprint$ $bill$. $Just$ $kidding$. $If$ $it$ $works$ $it$'$s$ $well$ $worth$ $the$ $money$.

Originally posted by MikeRadio

MobileDave,

To fix this just uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

But it doesn't work.. i keep seeing messages from a year ago that are not on my desktop.... It is a big mess.. and it was working fine before...

I do not know if sprint caches these messages but have no idea why I see messages from a year ago.

Dave try to uninstall the app (delete off ahndheld) and reinstall

Mike
    Well, I installed the latest versions and have had no issues (with simple syncs, if that matters). Granted, there's no obvious benefit to upgrading, either. So - who knows?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the old version, then installed the new one, and everything runs as before with no errors.

Before doing this, I tried to simply install the new Biz Conn application, and experienced the errors mentioned above.
    Sprint says the message syncing problems is being worked on and there is a trouble ticket....

So we will see now...

Mike
    I upgraded the bizconn app, I uninstalled bizconn on treo 300, installed the new bizconn on the treo 300. Everything works fine. I have found that if you have a sync problem, try the third option down in the otions menu: reset mailbox. If that doesn't work, tap "re-register" under account settings.
    mhorts
    I tried reinstalling the application again...

Now I do not see old messages but NO messages sync up.

I have tried restting mailbox and all that jazz several times

Mike
    I hope you're able to figure it out. I just got thru a nasty sync problem after upgrading a laptop to XP's SP1, so I know how you feel. You might want to try getting the trial of BackupBuddy, backing up your handheld system without any bizconn software installed, then doing a hard reset, restoring from backupbuddy, and do the same clean install on your PC. Also, try searching your registry (be careful) for "Seven" -- the software maker of bizconn, and deleting those sections too (be careful!) Good luck to you...
    mhorts
    Hiya

I deleted the old version of BC on my Treo 300 before loading up the new BC client software.

What I don't like is Sprint 'pushed' this update to my desktop at work with a simple. "click ok to upgrade now" and that really sucks, they shouldn't do that without guidance on how to install.

So I got the same errors, uninstalled the old version, then reinstalled the new version, then rebooted both desktop and treo 300 and it's all back to working ok now, I think
    Yep

Just confirming that indeed the new BC is WORKING but ya have to unload the old version first -- that seems to be the trick here.

DO NOT LOAD NEW BC on top of OLD BC or you get the memory errors.

Doug
    Anybody have a direct URL where I can download the updated version of Business Connection? I don't see the usual "download software" link when I log into Sprint PCS.
    Originally posted by bpmccarty
    Anybody have a direct URL where I can download the updated version of Business Connection? I don't see the usual "download software" link when I log into Sprint PCS.
    You have to log into bc.sprintpcs.com using your BC username and password. Then click on Settings. When the Settings menu comes up, look at the bottom right hand side and you will find the ability to download both the Palm app as well as the desktop client.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast