Earlier this week Alex from Aceeca posted over at brighthand and gave a link to 64bit drivers developed for there garnet devices. He stated that they may work on many palm devices starting with os4. I used the 64 bit driver on our windows 7 64bit computer it works. I can hotsync with a usb cable. He is also working on a Linux solution at this time. WyreNut made a sticky on how to load the driver with the link to the driver and a trouble shooter for windows 7 over at the palm/hp support forum. I tried to post it but the automated watch dog will not allow it.
    Can you post a link?
    I tried to post a link and the system would not allow it because I do not have 10 posts. In a search engine such as google. Type in palm support community. Now go to Windows HotSync. Now go to 64 Bit Drivers are HERE! (Thanks Aceeca corp.! This is a Sticky post by WyerNut with some good organized directions and the link to the driver and the windows 7 help pdf. When you get this info would you post a link if you are allowed Thanks.
    Dear Palm Users

WOW !!!

I can now HotSync my Palm Centro to my Win7 LapTop!!!
    All of it .... Photos, Calendar, Notes, Addresses / Phone#'s Etc!!!

WOW !!!

I'm so happy ... I decided to write up a complete "HOW_TO" document, to help persons like you to be able to do the same. You will be happy also!!

This is my way of "contributing back" .... for the many Resources, Forums, WebPages, SoftWare (Open Source & otherwise), I use daily on Internet.

Also my way of saying thank you to following persons / organizations:
    A) Thank you .aceeca.com/ for originally coding the needed HotSync 64bid Vista & Win7 Drivers.
    B) Thank you (again) .aceeca.com/ for making these drivers Internet available for free download.
    C) Thanks to who-ever it was that a) Discovered the Aceeca Drivers, b) Realized their application to (urgently needed by users of all) Palm Devices HotSync Drivers for 64bid Vista & Win7 computers, and then c) Posted their discovery, for the whole world to use!!
    D) And finally thanks to WyerNut, of forums.hpwebos.com/ for his moderation of all those Palm Forums, and having discovered the Aceeca Drivers, installed them on his Windows Vista. and then.took the time to post his own"HOW_TO"!! (A copy of which I have incorporated, with links, into my Win7 "HOW_TO" document, link below.)
    E) Thank you all!!

TITLE: My Procedure for Successful Installation of Palm HotSync Driver On Vista & Win7 OS Computer. This Driver Is For a HotSync of Many (?Most?) Palm Hand Held Devices (Older Palm-PDA's, Centro, Treo, etc), To The So-Called “Palm DeskTop”.

To HotSync many (?most?) PalmOS or HP/PalmWebOS Devices to 64bit Vista and Windows 7 operating systems, you can sucessfully use the needed hardware drivers from .aceeca.com/ However, getting them installed is not "an automatic". You will have to do the install yourself, step by step. If you need guidance, please click on the link below, to use my "Complete Palm HotSync Aceeca Driver Installation Guide":
    ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects/ProfessorGurr/Documents/PalmHotSyncDriverWin7Vista64bit

Caution: The Aceeca drivers are most certainly good for more recent PalmWebOS devices. And according to various Palm forums, there are statements that these drivers also work for the older PalmOS devices. The Aceeca TroubleShootGuide, talks about Hotsync ACEECA Palm OS 4.x or Garnet OS 5.x device, in ways that the driver will work on these devices:
    .aceeca.com/products/pub/english/Troubleshooting_USB_driver_installation_on_Windows_7_64-bit.pdf

HOWEVER, I have not tried this, and only seen a few reports of success by others. Concerning Aceeca Drivers, one report says " 64bit driver works with palm os4 and os5 smartphones and pda's"
    forums.precentral.net/palm-wm-devices/281016-64bit-driver-works-palm-os4-os5-smartphones-pdas.html

So, if you have the time to experiment, give it a try and let me know. Thanks

If you like my Guide (or notice needed corrections / improvements) could you please drop me a line!!

Sincerely Henry Gurr
    HenryG ___ Aiken.SC.edu .