1.    #1  
    OK, been using my new treo 300 since Thursday... Love it so far, but have a few questions.

1. When using the handsfree headset, when the phone rings it dies not ring in the earbud, the phone itself rings... this is VERY strange to me seeing that the volume on the treo is VERY low even on LOUD.

2. What ringtone software actually works on the 300, I really want to add some new ringtones to this puppy.

3. What cases do you recomend, this weekend I scratched the silver paint on the fron while it was in the holster (no fron flip protection).

I know there are more questions, but I can't think of them right now.

Thanks

Gromet
    Originally posted by gromet
    OK, been using my new treo 300 since Thursday... Love it so far, but have a few questions.

1. When using the handsfree headset, when the phone rings it dies not ring in the earbud, the phone itself rings... this is VERY strange to me seeing that the volume on the treo is VERY low even on LOUD.
    That's the way it is on mine. I haven't found any configuration option to change it.

2. What ringtone software actually works on the 300, I really want to add some new ringtones to this puppy.
    I believe Ringo is the only ringtone software that currently works with the 300.

3. What cases do you recomend, this weekend I scratched the silver paint on the fron while it was in the holster (no fron flip protection).
    I am using the case from Brookstone, which is only $12.50. Last I looked, it wasn't available on their website. I called my local store and they had it in stock. I've also read good things about other cases on here. Do a search for cases. There are several good threads. There are also a couple of reviews.

Geoffrey
    I am using the Handspring action case or just putting my treo in my pocket. I have a few casing scratches but it just feels broken in to me.
    I've been using Teski's leather case...works very well for me. It's easy to use, and holds the Treo securely on your belt. Also low profile. The Treo sits horizontally, so the antenna doesn't poke you in the side. Cost is $24.95 plus shipping. https://www.teski.com/shopping/produ...p?productid=59
    Well, I had the same, "Hey, why the heck isn't the phone ringing while I wear the headset?", question. I did quite a bit of research to find it. Though, the "quite a bit" turned out to be unnecessary (as it turns out, I'm not a great researcher).

Anyway, I found the answer right there on Handspring's website. (Who'd of thought? I sure didn't.) I did a search on their support website for "ring headset treo", and they have a concise explanation.

Essentially, if the flip is open, the ringing comes out the "earpiece" on the flip lid at a reduced volume because of the polyphonic ringing. For some reason, it seems that the polyphonic ringing can't get sent to the headset, but the phone reduces the ringing volume as it knows that a regular volume ring would put a small hole in one's ear drum under those circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Miles
    Working smoke detectors save lives.