Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    OK, I am ready to but a wireless headset for my 300. Is anyone actuallt using the JABRA Freespeak, This si definetly the nicest looking set on the market, but I need to know if anyone is actually using this unit with luck, how well it is working, and which model it is that is actually working, I need to get one ASAP.

    Thanks for the info.

    Gromet.
    Last edited by gromet; 10/13/2002 at 07:39 PM.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by gromet
    OK, I am ready to but a wireless headset for my 300. Is anyone actuallt using the JABRA Freespeak, This si definetly the nicest looking set on the market, but I need to know if anyone is actually using this unit with luck, how well it is working, and which model it is that is actually working, I need to get one ASAP.

    Thanks for the info.

    Gromet.
    It works AWESOME! BUT, make sure you get the version for the Nokia and not the generic 2.5mm one.

    Also, when you get it, mate the headset and the base. The instructions say it has been done at the factory but that is BS.

    Enjoy!
  3. #3  
    I spoke with MobilePlanet today on availability for the Nokia version of the Jabra Freespeak. It's currently out of stock and on backorder with an estimated fill date of two weeks.
  4. #4  
    I thought I had read on another thread that the Freespeak won't work with the 300 due to the lack of Bluetooth capabilities. I take it I am incorrect. Do all the functions work -- the push button to answer and terminate calls, etc? Also, what is the range?

    Thanks for your help.

    Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by csherman
    I thought I had read on another thread that the Freespeak won't work with the 300 due to the lack of Bluetooth capabilities. I take it I am incorrect. Do all the functions work -- the push button to answer and terminate calls, etc? Also, what is the range?

    Thanks for your help.

    Craig
    The FreeSpeak has the Bluetooth xmitter/receiver with it. Your device does not need bluetooth to use this solution.

    Gary
  6. #6  
    Does the answer/end button on the FreeSpeak actually answer and end the call on the Treo or does it only put the headset in "active mode" or "standby mode" and the call still has to be manually answered or disconnected at the Treo?

    I ask because I just got the FreeSpeak and this is what I'm experiencing. It's a 2 step process and it doesn't seem right.
    Contrary to what I ordered I was actually sent the non nokia Jabra FreeSpeak and I'm using an adapter that goes from the 3 conductor to a nokia type 4 conductor 2.5mm connector. The owners manual is a bit confusing and I just wanted to make sure before I call and yell at someone!

    Thanks in advance,

    Greg
  7. #7  
    Okay - the version you need is definitely the Nokia version... using an non-nokia to nokia adaptor, I believe will result in the behavior you experience. But, first make sure that you have followed the instructions to program the headset button to end/dial a call - it does NOT come this way from the factory.

    If you need direction on how to program the headset to support this function, go to the Jabra website - there's additional documentation on the site.

    Hope this helps!

    PS: Exchange your unit for the Nokia version - the adaptor is not the right way to go.

    L
    Lee Ladisky
  8. #8  
    Thanks for your help,
    I don't see any documentation anywhere to program the send /end button on the headset to dial or end a call.

    I think I'll have them take this back and send the right one that I ordered...

    Greg
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Thanks for your help,
    I don't see any documentation anywhere to program the send /end button on the headset to dial or end a call.

    I think I'll have them take this back and send the right one that I ordered...

    Greg
    Follow this link to enjoy answer/end on your Treo whether you have the cord adaptor or the correct Nokia model.

    http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpea...dFeatures.html
  10. #10  
    Thank You!
  11. #11  
    I programmed the freespeak to emulate the answer/end feature and it works for ending the call by pressing the button on the headset put when I try to answer the call it answers and than disconnects the caller, kinda like the issue that some folks were having with the supplied HS headset! Is this because I'm using the non Nokia to Nokia adapter?
    I'm running the gprs 1.1 patch and have had no other problems, do I need to run that phonehallib.prc to correct or will that interfere with the gprs patch?

    Thanks,

    Greg
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I programmed the freespeak to emulate the answer/end feature and it works for ending the call by pressing the button on the headset put when I try to answer the call it answers and than disconnects the caller, kinda like the issue that some folks were having with the supplied HS headset! Is this because I'm using the non Nokia to Nokia adapter?
    I'm running the gprs 1.1 patch and have had no other problems, do I need to run that phonehallib.prc to correct or will that interfere with the gprs patch?

    Thanks,

    Greg
    I am not aware of this problem with either the true Nokia set or the version with the cable adaptor. You can run the patch but I believe this was rolled up in the 1.1 updater with one exception, if your phone was part of the May-July production (meaning you bought it then) I would run the patch.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by thegman


    I am not aware of this problem with either the true Nokia set or the version with the cable adaptor. You can run the patch but I believe this was rolled up in the 1.1 updater with one exception, if your phone was part of the May-July production (meaning you bought it then) I would run the patch.
    This is a replacement unit received in the beginning of Sept and obviously after they're screen problems so I'm not sure if this is a May to July built product or not....
    Guess I could give the patch a try and see what happens....
    Can't kill the phone can it?

    Greg
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by millerhifi


    This is a replacement unit received in the beginning of Sept and obviously after they're screen problems so I'm not sure if this is a May to July built product or not....
    Guess I could give the patch a try and see what happens....
    Can't kill the phone can it?

    Greg
    No, it cannot hurt the phone.
  15. #15  
    Thanks!

Posting Permissions