1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm a little stumped by this one:

I just got a new computer, I installed my Palm OS software for my Centro, (I'm waiting for the Pre 3 to be sold, as my 2 year contract thank goodness ended last October), I connected my Centro and hit the button to sync my Centro date onto the new computer.

1. On the screen of the phone is says an error code that not all of the data was backup. However, if claims the address book did back up. In that case, shouldn't the names and addresses in my address book show up within my Palm desktop software?

2. Besides the fact that I need to have this info backed up, I am also concerned as I assume that when I go to the Pre 3, I will need to use some form transferring my data to my Pre 3 from my Centro.

Since I haven't used a Pre, I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that you don't directly sync to an address book...I have no idea if there has been a change to this. However, besides needing to back up my address book, I will need deal with a new Pre as soon as they are on the market!
    Thanks and take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  2.    #2  
    HI all,

I more or less solved the problem.

I was able to backup my Centro on my laptop where it worked perfectly. The difference is that my laptop is running Windows Vista and all info was fully backed up.

My desktop computer is running Windows 7, which apparently my Centro software doesn't support. I didn't think to check if there are drivers available for Win 7 for my Centro. I'm not going to bother, as long as I was able to back my Centro up to a computer, I don't really care which one.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    You should really post enough info so people can help you.
    Is your windows 7 computer a 64bit Version if so you need the 64bit driver that has been around for around a month. You can hotsync over IR, USB, bluetooth, and wifi network with the correct equiptment or drivers.
  4.    #4  
    Hi,

I just tried it on my Laptop, (why I never thought to try that in addition to my desktop I have no idea)!

My laptop uses Win Vista which worked perfectly.

So I just solved the problem. Thank you so much for all of your time and effort.

Be well & Take care,

jay