1.    #1  
    I have been reading this forum for awhile now, and it seems that the Treo is a great device.

However, since sales have lagged so far behind production, I doubt any new versions will come out soon. In fact, in the last 3 months, I have only seen one person with any of the Treo models.

The Kyocera 7135 should be out next month. Besides being a beautiful piece of equipment, it seems to promise a lot more, including SD expansion with possible Bluetooth add-on capability (a big deal IMHO). It also should be available with Verizon which I hear gives the best service in the L.A. area.

I know that this has been discussed previously, but that was some time ago. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.
    Originally posted by GalenMD
    I have been reading this forum for awhile now, and it seems that the Treo is a great device.

However, since sales have lagged so far behind production, I doubt any new versions will come out soon. In fact, in the last 3 months, I have only seen one person with any of the Treo models.

The Kyocera 7135 should be out next month. Besides being a beautiful piece of equipment, it seems to promise a lot more, including SD expansion with possible Bluetooth add-on capability (a big deal IMHO). It also should be available with Verizon which I hear gives the best service in the L.A. area.

I know that this has been discussed previously, but that was some time ago. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.
    Over an inch thick? Over 6 ounces? That's not for me. The wonderful thing about the Treo is that it really is quite tiny. I can't imagine putting the Kyocera in my pocket. To each his own, though!
    The Kyo is going to be awesome, no doubt. But dont rule out the Treo 270 because of T-Mobile. I am a NY'er and whenever I travel to LA I get a very good signal. Plus you'll get the added convenience of global roaming and probably better battery life, especially if you plan on using the kyo for mp3's.
  4.    #4  
    Over an inch thick?? I guess I didn't read the specs too well. Thats a little too big to fit in a shirt pocket. I guess I just wish the Treo had blue tooth/expansion slot.
    The kicker will be when people try using the number pad + graffiti 7135 interface. The Treo interface is really well thought out and just works. I'm willing to forgive the goodies temporarily until Handspring put this interface on a device that's more worthy. OS5, reflective color screen and SD please.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    I'll definitely be getting the Kyo 7135 on the very first day it's available! And with Sprint's price plan adjustments I can't wait to take advantage of unlimited data!
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    I'll definitely be getting the Kyo 7135 on the very first day it's available! And with Sprint's price plan adjustments I can't wait to take advantage of unlimited data!
    I think the rumors are that Sprint will not be carrying the Kyo, just Verizon.

Geoffrey
    Sprint is not getting the 7135. But they are getting the new Samsung Smartphone. It looks the the Treo's cousin. Do a search for palm samsung sprint.
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    Sprint is not getting the 7135. But they are getting the new Samsung Smartphone. It looks the the Treo's cousin. Do a search for palm samsung sprint.
    Are you sure you don't mean it looks like the 7135 cousin?

http://www.palminfocenter.com/images...a_7135_2_L.jpg
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/images...amsung_1_L.jpg
    Originally posted by gmaugham

I think the rumors are that Sprint will not be carrying the Kyo, just Verizon.

Geoffrey
    That's not what I've been hearing... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Robert
    Yeah, I meant 7135... I was mobile when I wrote that. Nothing looks like the Treo.
    I cant go back to the sylus, I would miss my keyboard too much
    One thing I love about the 270 is the built in qwerty keyboard.

The 7135 has a graffiti area and regular phone key pad.
    I don't mind the thickness, I do mind not having a keyboard.

I do like the visor-prism like screen on the 7135, I also like the screen being on the top half of the unit. But with all that space
    it saves, they could have done much more on the bottom half.

To sum up, I hope treo is planing an upgrage of the 270 SOON that includes a better screen.
    Originally posted by coreygl
    The 7135 has a graffiti area and regular phone key pad.
    I don't mind the thickness, I do mind not having a keyboard.
    I kinda like graffiti, but I don't mind the thumboard either.... I just think that the features of the 7135 make it a better choice for me.
    Robert
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    hmm...

iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Last edited by nzmoko; 11/04/2002 at 09:45 AM.
    Kyo is not GSM... no good in Switzerland... + a zillion other places including the Moon.

Kyo users: Don't forget to bring your GSM Treo when you come to Europe
    It's a pity Treos are not Tri-Band.

-W

Originally posted by nzmoko
    Kyo is not GSM... no good in Switzerland... + a zillion other places including the Moon.

Kyo users: Don't forget to bring your GSM Treo when you come to Europe
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    My main use for a pda/phone is having thousands of sales contacts at my fingertips while driving. The treo gives an easy way to get to any of these contacts one handed with the thumbboard and jog dial.

The 7135 has great features (including voice dial), but how would you get to a particular contact without pulling out the stylus and steering with your knee?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Originally posted by atvjeff
    My main use for a pda/phone is having thousands of sales contacts at my fingertips while driving. The treo gives an easy way to get to any of these contacts one handed with the thumbboard and jog dial.

The 7135 has great features (including voice dial), but how would you get to a particular contact without pulling out the stylus and steering with your knee?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Basically the same way you dial with the kyo 6035.... push whatever button brings up the contact list, zero in on the contact using the dial pad, and then select the contact and dial. It can all be done easily with one hand.
    Robert