1.    #1  
    I would implore on you avid treo users and very competent palm users....
    Pls let noobs like myself and others know what's out there to download...we only have 16mb of space, can't waste it on useless stuff ....

tanx a mil...

what programs do you have on your palm you can't live without???
    Not that easy to answer, as according to who you are, your interests, etc. a very good app for you my be of no interest whatsoever to me and vice-versa.

Nevertheless, my favorite app is FingerDial, from Finger Click (www.fingerclick.com).
    This is a very useful little app that allows to easily and efficiently browse your Contact list and dial a call using only one finger!

I use it 100 times a day.
    Certainly the third party app that I use the most!
  3.    #3  
    woah, sounds cool...

did you pay anything for it?
  4.    #4  
    I just downloaded fingerdial and didn't like the interface but when i deleted the program, my phone button now can't scroll to the other views, anybody can help me get back to it's original state when i can scroll thru my 4 views? thanx
    I don't even have my call history icon anymore....
    Originally posted by bumberbee
    Have you used the GPRS ver 1.1 update? Because if you have, this update removes the 'call history' icon and makes the history available thru the Options menu only. Also the shortcut for it is menu button followed by 'y'. It sucks, I know. A step back for the Treo in my opinion.

Sanjay
    A list of must have programs according to me:

For your Handheld:
    1) Iambic Agendus - The best phone book application for the Palm OS and I have tried almost all the ones out there.

2) Worldmate - A really neat progrma that has world times, ISD codes, world weather, currencies and other neat stuff, updated via the net.

3) Iambic Mail - Adds good functionality for sending SMS to people in your contact list other than ofcoure syncing your emails with Outlook etc.

4) Splash ID - A very nice program that keeps a record of all your personal data and passwords synchronized to a desktop version of the program.

5) Iambic Tinysheet - Best program for your Excel spreadsheets.

6) Ultrasoft Money - Great program for your personal finances and for synchronizing with Microsoft Money

7) Datemate - Best program to keep track of Birthdays Anniversaries etc.

8) Mega Holidays - Keep track of holidays worldwide. By country and relegions. Although it is incomplete in terms of relegions since it does not have Hindu holidays.

9) Iambic Fastwrite - A good word processor which syncs with Microsoft Word (I don't know if it is the best though)

10) TreoTools - It is freeware and it turns your Wireless mode back on automatically after a soft reset. Very convenient. IT also allows you to set times for when the phone should turn on and off automatically.

11) MaTreo - Another freeware which gives you a nice analog clock plus additional ability to assign certain buttons.

12) FileZ - Another freeware that allows you a more indepth look at what you have installed on your Treo.

For your desktop:
    1) Intellisync - A great program to sync your handheld with the likes of Outlook (the bundled 'Chapura Pocketmirror' sucks big time) If you want to be able to sync more than just 2 phone numbers each per contact and also numerous other fields with Outlook then this is a must have.

2) Backup Buddy - This is a real must have, since the Hotsync backup is totally unreliable in terms of backing up your Treo. God forbid if you have to do a hard reset of your Treo. I speak from personal experience by the way.

3) SyncWizard - Gives you a much more flexible and easier way of adding and deleting stuff to your Treo than a hotsync does.

Games:
    1) Bejewelled - A very simple but addictive game for all.

Hope this helps.

Sanjay
    woah, sounds cool...

did you pay anything for it?
    Yes, it costed me US$12.99.
    The cool thing is that you have a free 30-day trial.
    So, if you like it, you pay for it and keep it. Otherwise, simply delete it.

But as I said, from all the apps I installed on my Treo (and paid for) - such as Agendus, Iambic office suite, various games, etc. this is the app I like the best and that I use the most (with Agendus for obvious reasons, perhaps)!
  8.    #8  
    thanx sanjay i will try to locate those programs you mentioned n see if I wanna buy them. call history removed by 1.1? damn.....im using my treo for this msg btw
    call history removed by 1.1? damn.....
    Actually 'Call History' is not removed by 1.1 but rather just the icon is removed. YOu can still access it from the OPtions menu.
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    2) Backup Buddy - This is a real must have, since the Hotsync backup is totally unreliable in terms of backing up your Treo. God forbid if you have to do a hard reset of your Treo. I speak from personal experience by the way.
    I've had to hard reset a few times and using the normal HotSync have never lost any data. Way back hotsync wasn't as great, but a few years ago Palm updated it to (in my mind) make Backup Buddy a necessity only for those backing up to removable media cards, which you can't do with a Treo phone. If you're interested in Backup Buddy I strongly urge you to try it first (dont' pay for it first) as there is really no reason to have it.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I've had to hard reset a few times and using the normal HotSync have never lost any data. Way back hotsync wasn't as great, but a few years ago Palm updated it to (in my mind) make Backup Buddy a necessity only for those backing up to removable media cards, which you can't do with a Treo phone. If you're interested in Backup Buddy I strongly urge you to try it first (dont' pay for it first) as there is really no reason to have it.
    Actually my personal experience tells me differently. After I upgraded my Treo with the GPRS 1.1 update Hotsync failed to restore all my programs. Infact it failed to the extent half my stuff was missing. I then had to start from scratch and reinstall everything.

Sanjay
    I just downloaded fingerdial and didn't like the interface but when i deleted the program, my phone button now can't scroll to the other views, anybody can help me get back to it's original state when i can scroll thru my 4 views? thanx
    Hi,

This is a known issue with s/w that take over the hardware "Phone" button (my TAKEphONE s/w included).

The solution: Launch "Prefs." from the applications screen, goto the "Buttons" category, and tap the "Default" button, or assign "Phone-Book" to the "Phone" button (EVEN if you see it allready assigned to that button - it's not really assigned, only displayed by default).

Hope this helps...

(And - you are welcome to try out TAKEphONE at www.shsh.com, it will even bring back call-history access)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    SyncWizard - Gives you a much more flexible and easier way of adding and deleting stuff to your Treo than a hotsync does.
    [/B]
    Treo 270: I get SW to connect fine, but my Treo seems to endlessly "synchronize"/cylce through all files; and SW Exporer window files stutter when I try to move them around. Window shell stutters, too, when I resize it. Any ideas how to fix this?