1.    #1  
    This may have been asked before, but I can't find the answers. Just wondering if it's possible to dial from the speed dial screen buttons without opening the lid. Right now the jog-push does nothing when the lid is closed.

Thanks for your help.
    When the headset is plugged in it works.
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Should work without the headset plugged in as well. Just use the jog to scroll to the speed dial you want to call and than push the jog in to dial the selected entry.
    ...not on my Treo....
    I would assume it was the same for the 300 but as I am a 270 owner I could be wrong.
    Sorry I take it all back, unless you have the headset plugged in it won't dial unless the lid is open (can't make a call if the lid is closed or no headset is plugged in! you wouldn't hear anything)
    It's okay. Now you are 190 of 191. Still a pretty good record!
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the reponses. Yes, even if I could dial out with lid closed and no headset, I wouldn't be able to listen to the phone. Maybe a new application to allow this function that also turns on the speakerphone.
  9. Puk
    Originally posted by wan0512
    Thanks for the reponses. Yes, even if I could dial out with lid closed and no headset, I wouldn't be able to listen to the phone. Maybe a new application to allow this function that also turns on the speakerphone.
    This might be worth a try (it would be nice to be able to use it with the phone closed), but I doubt it will work.

First, the speaker is covered by the body. Try putting your finger over the speaker on speakerphone. The volume goes down a lot (although it's still audible). With the entire body of the phone there, it might not be audible. Worse, with the lid closed, the mic is covered. I think that would hinder you even more than the speaker.

As I say, though, might be worth a try for someone. Especially if you're calling something (usage line, voicemail) where you might not need to talk. Maybe have the app make the touchtones accessible using the jog so you can control your voice mail.

-Puk
    But when the lid is closed the speakerphone is butted up against the mic and the keypad so why would you even want this ability? It wouldn't work!
  11.    #11  
    I guess it is a bad idea. With the speaker so close to the mic, one would get positive feed back and the other end won't be happy. But if the phone operates at half-duplex mode, it should work in principle.