1.    #1  
    I'd really like to find a way to access those large soft-screen buttons, with the flip closed. For example, the buttons that show when you missed a call - "OK" and "Call Back", and there are many other situations where similarly-sized buttons are on the screen. I'm thinking there's GOT to be a way to access them with the flip closed, and I just don't know the magic combo. Maybe something like hitting the jog dial and a matching hard button below the soft button, at the same time, or something like that?
    Anyone? How 'bout a developer taking a run at that?
    Amen!!!!

Another wish of mine is that Treocentral would lose that page after you post that says "You will be redirected..yadda yadda yadda...if you don't want to wait click here" Don't they know that's charging us Sprint customers extra data by having that page come up each time we post from the 300????

Nobull
    For the first request, I would lob an email into pdaapps at info@pdaapps.com.

This sounds like something that might be right up their alley. FWIW, you both have made great suggestions -- pursue them!!

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    I have been thinking....

If you replace the clear plastic window with a thick, stretched, transparent and flexible sheet, you would be able to "push" the buttons with a finger but still protect the screen from scratches.

Anybody have some of this miracle material?
    This truly is a major pain in the ****..

A call comes in while you are unable to accept it. You want to select the "Send to Voicemail" option (soft button), but if you open the lid to the phone, you just answered the call!

How does one get around this?
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!
    Originally posted by Thumper-7
    This truly is a major pain in the ****..

A call comes in while you are unable to accept it. You want to select the "Send to Voicemail" option (soft button), but if you open the lid to the phone, you just answered the call!

How does one get around this?
    Press the top scroll button!!!!
    Some of you should take a peak at the owners manual at does have some useful info!
    Originally posted by millerhifi

Some of you should take a peak at the owners manual at does have some useful info!
    Just to clarify miller, pressing the top scroll button clears your display, but the call is still on the other line (if you listen, you'll hear the call waiting beep). It would be nice if the call went straight to voicemail, similar to hitting the top scroll button when you don't have a call in progress and receive a call.

Thanks for the tip!

Usually I am one of those, who like you, get peeved at others that don't bother to RTFM. In this case, I missed it in the manual and am still burned out from the better than 22 hours on the phone with the inept "_support_" people at Sprint in just getting my Treo 300 setup to work at all!
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!
    Originally posted by treotim

Just to clarify miller, pressing the top scroll button clears your display, but the call is still on the other line (if you listen, you'll hear the call waiting beep). It would be nice if the call went straight to voicemail, similar to hitting the top scroll button when you don't have a call in progress and receive a call.
    Sorry but your question didn't ellude to being able to send a call to voice mail WHILE YOU WERE ON AN EXISTING CALL.

Sorry but your question didn't ellude to being able to send a call to voice mail WHILE YOU WERE ON AN EXISTING CALL.
    By the way, it wasn't my question...But you're right that Thumper-7 never indicated they were on another call...I read more into the "unable to accept" comment by Thumper-7 than I should have (probably based on my slight irritation that using the top scroll button to click "ignore" doesn't work the same way on a call waiting call as it does on a normal call).
    I started this thread a while back:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27056

I'm amazed no one has a hack for this - there are 4 button spots on the call control screen and the SMS screen - we should be able to press them using the hard buttons.

I would particularly like this capability wile I'm using the headset with the lid closed.
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I'd really like to find a way to access those large soft-screen buttons, with the flip closed.
    Drill some 5mm holes in the cover just in front of the soft boutons. Then use your stylus or have a toothpick always ready.
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    You would think that the scroll wheel would be able to move around those large buttons and then pressing it in would select it. I don't understand why Handspring didn't design it that way from the begining. It couldn't be that difficult and it would solve this problem.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Just load powerjog. I've had it since the first day. It's exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...7&prodID=40142
    Read the manual? Pffffttt...

Nobull
    What did we miss in the manual?
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Originally posted by KKenna
    Just load powerjog. I've had it since the first day. It's exactly what you're looking for.
    I took the advice of KKenna and downloaded a trial version of powerjog.

But so far have not been able to get it to work with incoming SMS messages or incoming phone calls. When I get the incoming signals, I press the jog dial, the powerjog menu pops up, I scroll down to "button", which is supposed to allow me to jog-dial to the on-screen buttons and handle the incoming signals. For example, so I can delete the SMS message or send phone calls to voice mail...all without opening the lid.

HOWEVER, in both cases, powerjog tells me that there are no buttons on the screen. So it doesn't work for me.

I hope my explanation is understandable. KKenna, have you found a way around this?
    Same here...