Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought it would make sense to start a thread highliting cool apps people have discovered for the Treo/Palm OS. Here's my list (sorry, I'm too lazy to type in descriptions):

Must Haves (all are Freeware!):

- Buttons-T
    - TreoButton
    - TreoAlert Manager
    - Treo Tools
    - BigClock
    - ClockPop (requires x-master or similar)
    - Today
    - AvantGo Wireless (even though it occasionally causes a fatal exception when I close the lid with the app active - I just switch to the application launcher when finished with AG to avoid this error)
    - Switcheroo (requires x-master or similar)

Great Apps (SW = Shareware):

- PocketTV Browser (SW)
    - BugMe Messenger (SW)
    - AOL AIM (even though it crashes my Treo from time to time!)
    - Converter
    - Eudora
    - FireViewer
    - HappyDays
    - Newpen
    - ReDo (SW)
    - Cell Plan (SW) (I don't own this yet...still waiting for a tracking app that handles data as well)
    - DrawIt

Good Games:

- Blocks
    - Space Trader
    - Tan Free (frustrating as hell!)
    - Sol Poker
    - Zap!2000c

What I can't seem to find and am still looking for:

- A good, stable consolidated IM client that can handle Yahoo IM and AIM simultaneously and provide most of the desktop client features (e.g., buddy status - Idle, Away) - something like Trillian, but for PalmOS - I'd pay some hard dollars for this!
    - As mentioned above, a minute tracker for the phone that includes data tracking for wireless data activities (hurry up Cell Plan developers...I'm waiting with money in hand!)
    - A web browser that handle java script!!!!

Any other suggestions out there???
    Originally posted by treotim
    - A web browser that handle java script!!!!
    try Xiino
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    just for the record, treotools is no longer freeware, but at 7.50 its still a bargain
    This is a great shareware app. If you have splash photo, this program will display the picture of the person who is calling. Very Cool. It costs 9.95.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    just for the record, treotools is no longer freeware, but at 7.50 its still a bargain
    wow, that's a shame! It was a great app (well, still is...). I remebmer when it first popped up. The developer said something like: Here, look at Stretch. It's almost $10 and I programmed something that does the same but it's free.Now it's just $2 cheaper.

The program history says that it now supports the Treo300. Honestly, that's not a bargain to me. Why should I use the shareware version that supports my non-existing Treo300 if I could use the freeware version that doesn't support my Treo300. If there were at least some neat new features for regular users as well...

anderas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    maybe they figure if we can afford the 300 we can afford the program?
    Can someone please confirm that Treo Tools now works with the Treo 300? Also, where I can go to download it if it does in fact now works.

Thanks,
    In response to the original post, I'm a huge fan of Vindigo. It costs a bit of money for a year subscription (~$25) but it's a great addition to my Treo. (No - I don't work there or invest in them. Just a happy customer.)
    also, if you are into stock trading, MidCast is cool and simple. You can download a trial as well from the website, www.hillcast.com.:)
    Not Treo-specific, but....

* I couldn't live without the Shadow outliner/to-do organizer.

* I knocked 50 points off my cholesterol by tracking my diet with RMRDiet and DietLog (no longer available).
    PowerJog is worth checking out - does a nice job of extending the functionality of the jog button.

I too am wondering where I can download treo tools. Anyone?
    Originally posted by treotim
    I thought it would make sense to start a thread highliting cool apps people have discovered for the Treo/Palm OS. Here's my list (sorry, I'm too lazy to type in descriptions):

Must Haves (all are Freeware!):

- Buttons-T
    - TreoButton
    - TreoAlert Manager
    - Treo Tools
    - BigClock
    - ClockPop (requires x-master or similar)
    - Today
    - AvantGo Wireless (even though it occasionally causes a fatal exception when I close the lid with the app active - I just switch to the application launcher when finished with AG to avoid this error)
    - Switcheroo (requires x-master or similar)

I'm having trouble finding several of these apps on Palmgear. Have tried searching google, but to no avail. Where are all the cool apps?
    here's the link for treo tools. yes it does work on the 300!http://www.notifymail.com/palm/[/URL]
    Originally posted by newtreo
    In response to the original post, I'm a huge fan of Vindigo. It costs a bit of money for a year subscription (~$25) but it's a great addition to my Treo. (No - I don't work there or invest in them. Just a happy customer.)
    I couldn't agree more. Vindigo on the Treo is just brilliant! For one thing, it saves $$$ on calls to Sprint 411. I've only had it on the Treo for two days, and have used it innumerable times. Fantastic program, especially with wireless synching enabled.
    I shudder to think how much of my battery is being wasted during a call by having the screen lit the whole time. There it is, burning brightly, displaying information I might glance at once or twice during the call --- if that!

Why the Treo is designed this way, I'll never know. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of an app that will turn the treo screen off during calls (after a timeout, of course). A screen tap or button press would bring it back to life.

My guess is that - for people who make a lot of phone calls - would stretch battery life a good 25%, if not more.
    I think BugMe is one of the more useful apps. However, it seems to crash occasionaly when it's alarm goes off. Anyone know if it's incompatible with any other apps?
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by msetzer
    I think BugMe is one of the more useful apps. However, it seems to crash occasionaly when it's alarm goes off. Anyone know if it's incompatible with any other apps?
    I actually had that happen to me today for the first time...Anyone with some insight on this?
    I actually filled out a bug report Wed I think it was... no response, not even to let me know they received the report. I tried setting a dozen alarms & having them repeat frequently and it worked fine. Usually, it's the alarms that are set several hours/days in advance that cause it to crash but I can't seem to nail it down. Wish I could fix it, it's handy otherwise...
    Speaking of tech support, I sent in a bug report to Standalone regarding an unusual problem I was having with Supernames when I used it in conjunction with a particular feature of Iambic Agendus... he e-mailed me a fixed beta version in a few hours. The guy that makes TAKEphONE... probably my favorite Treo app... was the same way. Fixed a minor bug in less than a day and posted the updated version.

If you manage a lot of contacts and want to keep track of your phone calls but don't want to crash your car while dialing/driving, TAKEphONE is the way to go.
    .....if you go to www.healthetech.com, you can find an even better program called Balance Log. It records diet, exercise, body fat, and Resting Metobolic Rate (RMR) info on both your Treo and PC. With it, I have lost 40 pounds over the last few months. A GREAT product with a cheaper upgrade available to DietLog users.

KGrate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast