Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've been using this app since it was released with no problems. Starting about a week ago (when Sprint decided to "update" their SMS servers), it stopped working.

Is anyone else using this with no trouble now ? I'm thinking that Sprint has changed the front end of the SMS system so that Treo300SMS no longer works when forwarding to their servers.
    i downloaded and installed the app two days ago and i love it. it provides the sms features that did not come with the treo 300 by default.

i am having problems with the application. occassionally, when i receieve new sms messages, my phone will lock and i have to soft reset. it is annoying, but not enough to remove the application.

homer
    I have had some issues recently receiving messages through the short mail gateway with Treo300SMS. Sending to phone numbers or email addresses has worked fine. Receiving through phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com has worked as well. I have had delays in receiving short mail. Delays, however, are better than not being able to get it (the old pre-Treo300SMS days).
    Quick question: If you have been offline is there anyway to get online and check to see if you have any new SMS? At work I can't get reception and when I do get back online no SMS that people say they have sent do not come thru.

Is there any workaround that you guys know of?
    PDAapps is working on something so that a future release will check every 15 mins for new short mails. I have had similar issues to you. One way to get it to check is to send yourself a message at your phone number using Treo300SMS. You'lll then poll the short mail box and get any new messages sent to your phone.
    it sounds like all SMS gos thru pdaapps server if i use treo300sms.

if i ever uninstall it, does SMS revert back to the sprint servers?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    If you read the fine print on the PDAapps site, they state over and over that their product piggy-backs on the Sprint manage site/text messaging interface. If it's down, Treo300SMS doesn't work. You ALWAYS use the Sprint servers.
    I absolutely love this program. ...especially after I realized that it's a quicker and more convenient way for me to send short email-notes than going into my Eudora (which I now use just for checking mail and dealing with larger mail). Hats off to the developers on this one.
    I agree completely. Now if I could only train people to leave out quoted material when they reply, I could SMS back and forth with someone on a computer. It's too bad it clips everything at 160 characters. It's still a great program and makes my Treo the complete communication companion.