1.    #1  
    David Pogue just published an article comparing various smart phones. He admired the 16-bit screen of the 7135 visually and then announced that it has no touch sensitivity. How do you control check boxes or drag controls without a touch-screen? This seems like a major drawback to the 7135.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/3345903.html

It is bad enough that responding to an email effectively would require an external keyboard but I very much doubt if Kyocera have an elegant method for controlling actions in dialogs using the jog-rocker. I will reserve my judgement until I try it myself. How do you use painting apps or any kind of slider without feeling like you have no real control? It would be like using the Nokia Communicator.
    Nothing's perfect, though, especially not in the communicator category. For example, the 7135's main phone screen is, inexplicably, not touch-sensitive. If you try to use the stylus, an error message tells you to use the menu keys instead.
    I'm pretty sure he means that only the phone app doesn't respond to the touch screen.
    The article does not say the 7135 lacks a touch screen. It says: "the 7135's main phone screen is, inexplicably, not touch-sensitive." I assume that means all other screens are touch-sensitive.

Also, I've learned not to assume everything you read is true, especially when it comes to tech reviews. For example, a current Fortune comparison of the Sprint Treo 300, the T-Mobile Sidekick and the T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone edition says the Sprint Treo 300 is "the latest version of the Handspring Treo, and like the Sidekick's, the Treo's PDA functions are based on the popular Palm operating system." Of course, we here all know that the Sidekick is not based on the Palm OS!
  4.    #4  
    Perhaps you are right. It could be that the phone application is not a true Palm OS application - Kyocera did that on the 6035. Perhaps I ought to moderate the thread title :-)