1.    #1  
    Yes, what about Bluetooth on Treo 270?

Does anyone know if it is feasable and if it is could we expect it in the near future?
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dennis3232
    Yes, what about Bluetooth on Treo 270?

Does anyone know if it is feasable and if it is could we expect it in the near future?
    Somewhere on here there was a topic on a CF expansion sleeve for the 270. I don't remember if it was supposed to work with non-memory modules, but it's possible. That's the only way I can see that's likely.

Out of curiosity, what do you have in mind to use Bluetooth for with a 270? Most people's interest in Bluetooth on a 90 is to go online wirelessly (by connecting to a separate cell phone); the 270 can already go online on its own.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Q

Out of curiosity, what do you have in mind to use Bluetooth for with a 270? Most people's interest in Bluetooth on a 90 is to go online wirelessly (by connecting to a separate cell phone); the 270 can already go online on its own.
    Bluetooth would add endless functionalities to a Treo 270 or 300, from the obvious to the not so:

- Headset
    - Printing a document
    - Exchanging information
    - Receiving information (i.e. in a Trade-show or in a mall)
    - Local network to share data
    - And more

Bluetooth would open Treo to the outside world, as most computer / communication devices have now the tendency to be bluetooth enabled.
    Originally posted by dennis3232

Bluetooth would open Treo to the outside world, as most computer / communication devices have now the tendency to be bluetooth enabled.
    Your giving into the hype

Windows XP doesn't even support it, are there even any computers shipping with Bluetooth built-in? I think the only phone manufacturers that have Bluetooth are Sony-Ericsson and Nokia, and that's only a couple of models.

It would cost a fortune to do what you want to do. Bluetooth is still too imature. A headset for $99?? Yikes.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Appleman

It would cost a fortune to do what you want to do. Bluetooth is still too imature. A headset for $99?? Yikes.
    As with GSM or GPRS, the USA seem to be behind technology.

In Europe or the Middle East, you can find non-branded Bluetooth headset for as little as US$25.

A friend of mine bought one last week for his Nokia phone.
    Works like a charm!
    Microsoft recently announced that they will support bluetooth in the near future. (XP update within 3 or 4 months)

HP announced bluetooth on several printers.

Saab is the first car manufacturer wich integrates bluetooth in their new cars. Exchange adress book with navigationsystem, sync agenda/e-mail etc.

So I would like to see bluetooth available for Treo 180/270, even with a CF expansion sleeve.