1.    #1  
    After loading a freeware app called "Today" (very nice, BTW), I noticed that there are two apps on the Treo that never showed up before. In the prefs. options for "Today", you can select the Palm apps that you want to assign to the launcher section. This is where I noticed these previously hidden apps:

-Activation
    -IOTA

Both of these look like some type of system/network config. apps, however, I am not brave enough to run them in fear of hosing my current config.
    I have seen IOTA before and I believe it caused me some problems. I only determined this through the process of elimination. Once I deleted it, the problems I was having ceased to occur.

HTH....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    I ran IOTA two times, once to see what it was, and the other when all else failed.

As I recall (and it's been about a month), IOTA went out to Sprint and "updated" the Business Connect software. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember. I haven't had any problems with it. In fact, it seemed to fix my previous problem (with BusConn).
    IOTA stands for I<not sure>Over the air activation. It is probably used to translate system SMS messages sent periodically by the network. If you delete it you may miss out on updates from the network.

Activation is presumably used for the initial voice or data activation or perhaps both. I would likewise not remove this one.

PS both of the apps must be preloaded in the ROM so you can always get them back by Hard resetting.
    Originally posted by fgkay
    After loading a freeware app called "Today" (very nice, BTW)...
    Wherre did you get the TODAY freeware? I see software called TODAY at handango.com but it is $14.95. It got a poor review from a customer claiming it was very buggy. Is this the same as what you obtained and liked?
  6.    #6  
    On palmgear.com ... here's a link to the app:

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...9&prodID=38922

Tastes differ, but I do all of my software shopping on PalmGear; I find it to be much more user-friendly and up-to-date than Handango.