1.    #1  
    opinions?
    I've got SplashPhoto. I prefered it's interface to AcidImage, and I was able to pick it up for $9.95 at the time as well.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    Haven't tried Acid Image, but I love SplashPhoto. Remarkably good resolution on the Treo screen.
    Kami
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The SplashPhoto sale continues thru 10/15/02. It doesn't do as much as AcidImage, but it is much cheaper.
    i liked acid image since you don't have to manipulate/format the images on a desktop app before loading it onto the treo.
    You don't have to do that with SplashPhoto, either, as long as you can load the jpegs on a memory card.

Besides, the desktop app is free, and since I usually do some tweaking of the images before I download, the extra step isn't that much, IMO.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
  7. kin
    SplashPhoto's great for speed but have you noticed that each photo is 77K large.

Seems rather large for a tiny photo in 12bit colour.

Limits the number of photos you can have in the Treo.
    splash photo has 12 bit?
    it's a great software but on a treo 270, 8bit is more than enough colors that it supports...am i right?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You can control the color depth when you convert a JPG to SplashPhoto format. I have a Prism - I go all out at 16-bit color. Pictures are about 75k each at 16-bit color. If you have a Treo270 (12-bit color screen), go for 12-bit for approx. 25% smaller files.

The SplashPhoto $9.95 sale ends 10/15/02. I like it a lot.
    http://www.splashdata.com/splashphoto/index.htm