1.    #1  
    ok, i know this has been on the board before, but maybe somebody has figured out something new or a new program has come out.

whenever i use the data connection, whether for AIM, email, or other, then press the phone button, the data connection icons are still there, and from the posts here about battery drain, i'm assuming the treo is still in data mode.

has anything come out that easily disconnects data mode? i end up powering off and back on which is not really that bad, but seems to me there should be a quicker way without using the power switch...
    As long as the arrows are not bright green - it should not be a problem - remember its supposed to be "always on"

Anyway, most of the applications I've seen have a "disconnect" after download - I've found it to be a a PIA to connect and disconnect. YMMV.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. i guess its just the specific apps i seem to use - pocketflash and AIM that don't disconnect... maybe if i can get my wife to use IE instead of AOL we can shake the aolmonster and i can just use pop3
    When I want to disconnect I pop into blazer and then out. (I have blazer setup to auto disconnect on exit). I wish there were a hack to autodisconnect after so many mins of inactivity or when the lid is closed or so many mins after the lid is closed.
    Sort of a pain, but here's what I do (if I don't have the DISCONNECT option):

Applications window
    Preferences
    Select network from the drop down list in upper right of screen
    Disconnect button

Nobull
  6.    #6  
    the blazer trick is great and a lot better than the power off/on option. as for the network/preferences one, that's where i was at when i just decided to power off/on to save time but thanks for the input! these msg boards are a great way to share info.
    Originally posted by richlee91
    When I want to disconnect I pop into blazer and then out. (I have blazer setup to auto disconnect on exit). I wish there were a hack to autodisconnect after so many mins of inactivity or when the lid is closed or so many mins after the lid is closed.
    How did you alter your Blazer configuration to do this?

Thanks!
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!