Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi Treo users,

I'm glad to announce MaTreo 1.2 released today, with specific colored version for Treo 270 model.

MaTreo now supports any PalmOS 3.5 device and later (displaying wireless info when GSMLibrary is available), and has got more options, with ability to choose specific applications to call when tap the screen or push the jog wheel.

download version 1.2 from MaTreo homepage and feel free to send comments at matreo@realpopup.it.

MaTreo is a freeware frontscreen originally made for the Handspring Treo: it displays an elegant aliased analog clock, a battery indicator level, current carrier and roaming (if any), signal strength, date and time. Additionally, you can customize the title string, call specific application - such as PhoneBook or Launcher - when tapping the screen or pressing the JogDial, and let MaTreo to turn on the light for a specific period of time.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I assume the Treo 300 is not fully supported? v1.2 will not see the wireless info even after a reset of the device.
    Just a word to the wise. Delete earlier versions of the program before you install the new one. Great product!
    I installed yesterday night and today I'm getting a lot of "Fatal exception" errors when receiving a call and I have to reset my Treo 180... Before installing this version I deleted the previous one
  5.    #5  
    About KRamsauer:

Delete earlier versions of the program before you install the new one
    yes it's true: uninstall MaTreo v1.0 with Delete function of Palm Applications app; ensure to delete preferences also, there's a specific check when you select Delete.

to xavi: I'm sorry for the fatal exceptions you found. we can work together to find the problem, contact me privately at matreo@realpopup.it. there may be some other app - such as hacks or other Treo specific utilities - which is in conflict with MaTreo.

MaTreo was tested a lot prior the releasing date, with the help of many beta testers around the world.
    Originally posted by xavi
    I installed yesterday night and today I'm getting a lot of "Fatal exception" errors when receiving a call and I have to reset my Treo 180... Before installing this version I deleted the previous one
    I seem to be having a lot of the same problem and the closest I have gotten to finding the culprit is Ma Treo v1.2 I guess I will know for sure if I don't get any more Fatal Error crashes over the next day or two since I have now removed Ma Treo
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Sanjay

I seem to be having a lot of the same problem and the closest I have gotten to finding the culprit is Ma Treo v1.2 I guess I will know for sure if I don't get any more Fatal Error crashes over the next day or two since I have now removed Ma Treo
    well, you can state this only if you test MaTreo with a clean original Treo, without any other software installed; otherwise, there may be some conflict with other utilities. however, please contact me privately and we can work for a solution.

thank you.
    Almost 24 hrs have passed since I removed MaTreo and I have had no more 'Fatal Errors'. I guess atleast in my case it was Ma Treo v1.2 that was causing the problem.

I am wondering though if it is MaTreo v1.2 used in a particular configuration or setting that may be the problem. What I mean is, the problem might be only occuring with Ma Treo configured in a particular manner (button assignments etc.). Or as you suggest the problem might be a conflict between MaTreo and another third party program. The problem is I am afraid reinstall MaTreo to verify this.

Programs and button settings on the Treo and in MaTreo while having the 'Fatal Error' problem.

Installed Utilities/Programs:
    1) Treo Tools
    2) Iambic Agendus 5.33
    3) Iambic Email 3.01
    4) Iambic Tiny Sheets 4.21 & Tiny Chart
    5) Iambic Fastwriter 1.0 build 159
    6) Mobimate - Worldmate 8.2
    7) Mobimate - Datemate 3.2
    8) Splash ID 2.12
    9) Mega Holidays 1.4
    10) Pocket Chess Dlxe 2.5
    11) Bejeweled 1.6
    12) GemDrop 1.0
    13) Glinx 1.0
    14) Seven Seas 1.25
    15) T-Blaster 1.0
    16) Tac Tic 1.0
    17) PentiX

Button settings thru Treo Buttons 1 & 2:

Flip = Phonebook
    Jog Rocker = MaTreo

Buttons on Treo from Left to Right:
    Button 1 = Phonebook
    Button 2 = Agendus 5.33
    Button 3 = Calculator
    Button 4 = SMS
    Opt + Button 1 = Memo Pad
    Opt + BUtton 2 = To Do List
    Opt + Button 3 = Worldmate
    Opt + Button 4 = Treo Preferences

MaTreo Settings:
    Screen Tap or 5 sec delay = Phonebook
    Jog Rocker = Applications
    Backlight On = Betweeen 7:00PM & 7:00AM

One more thing, coincidently I used MaTreo v1.2 for the first time only after GPRS 1.1 Before 'GPRS 1.1', I was using the older version of MaTreo without any problems.

I hope this info helps and whatever problem, if any is there, can be resolved because I kinda liked MaTreo.

Sanjay
    Last edited by Sanjay; 10/17/2002 at 02:54 PM.
    Screen Tap or 5 sec delay = Phonebook
    Try to change this setting. After I deselected both options, everything seems to work (that is, no more 'fatal errors').
  10.    #10  
    ...why don't you contact me privately?

if you have deleted previous MaTreo release without having deleted the preferences (for example by using LauncherIII instead of Applications), then MaTreo v1.2 will crash.

if you are sure about this, please contact me.
    I didn't directly contact you because at this time I'm quite busy and I don't have enough time to help you to find this problem... For the record, to uninstall the previous version I used the Delete function on Applications.
    Any Idea when support for wireless functions will be available for the 300?
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by jcthorne
    Any Idea when support for wireless functions will be available for the 300?
    it depends on handspring to release an updated SDK for Treo 300. let me say, handspring seems to leave developers alone without any support and with really few documentation.

I'm going to write them, I'll let you all know the reply, if any.
    Matro, I think it is just fabulous that people like you create such great free utilities for people like us! I think it is only common courtesy to write privately to Matro if there are any problems, especially if he has specifically ask for just that. Not too many developers even bother to do that. Great job, Matro!
    I tried it on my Prism+visorphone... and it hangs with a fatal exception...
    Any hint?
  16.    #16  
    thank you sslau! apart of being part of such developers group, you described what should be common practice.

fasuin: since I'd like to make MaTreo stable enough for your device too, please contact me and we can find the issue.

in the meanwhile, catch my latest freeware RealAccount, maybe it can be useful to you. :-)

www.realpopup.it/realaccount
    More details:
    - if used without the visorphone, it works smoothly
    (need first to remove the gsmlibrary, which for no reason is copied into the prism memory and not removed when the visorphone modules is removed)
    - if used with the visorphone, with wireless info disabled it keeps working
    - enabling wireless info with the VP module installed causes a
    "SerialLinkMgr.c, Line:2322, Can't find refNum"
    error, with the only option to reset the visor (+VP).

Hope this helps.

BTW, I sent you an email... but got no reply
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by fasuin
    - if used with the visorphone, with wireless info disabled it keeps working
    - enabling wireless info with the VP module installed causes a
    "SerialLinkMgr.c, Line:2322, Can't find refNum"
    MaTreo wireless infos works with Treo devices. if forced to run on other devices, results are unpredictable.

let me say, I'd like to let MaTreo be compatible with other devices, but consider I don't have a Prism + VisorPhone and there are no emulators which emulates wireless connections (with Handspring SDK).

BTW, I sent you an email... but got no reply
    MaTreo is freeware, I use freetime to develop and support: don't blame me for delays!
  19.    #19  
    I just published a maintenance release of MaTreo which fixes problems mentioned above.

check MaTreo website for more.
    Just tried it on my prism+visorphone... and it still shows the same problem as before:
    Fatal alert
    SerialLinkMgr.c, Line:2322, Can't find refNum"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast