1.    #1  
    any reason to keep it? they now have the additional button options in prefs (called buttons 2).
    Originally posted by bigmdime
    any reason to keep it? they now have the additional button options in prefs (called buttons 2).
    Do they allow shift-button reassignment? THat's one cool t hing about TreoButton that isn't in Buttons-T, the software I think they integrated into the new upgrade.
    I don't see a buttons 2 under prefs..
    Where are you talking about?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I don't see a buttons 2 under prefs..
    Where are you talking about?
    after installing the update, in my MAIN prefs, in addition to a Buttons prefs (where you assign the main buttons) there's also another Pref on the pulldown menu called Buttons 2. It lets you set buttons+opt as well as an assignment for pushing the jog dial and for opening the treo.

I'm sure you must have it as well.
    I don't have that option after the upgrade (strange).
    I was using Buttons-T before the upgrade and it's still there after the upgrade...
    Maybe because Buttons-T was designed by a Handspring person it's the same and after the upgrade and resyncing all my stuff, Buttons-T replaced the buttons 2 your refering to????
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I don't have that option after the upgrade (strange).
    I was using Buttons-T before the upgrade and it's still there after the upgrade...
    Maybe because Buttons-T was designed by a Handspring person it's the same and after the upgrade and resyncing all my stuff, Buttons-T replaced the buttons 2 your refering to????
    very very strange indeed! I deleted T-buttons after seeing that new prefs screen. I half expected that pref to dissapear, but it didn't...
    I'm also having Button 2 in my Prefs with the new GPRS 1.1 Update.....

I notice that if you installed Button-T then you will find the name "Button-T" instead of "Button 2" in your Prefs...
    well The PalmGear description for BUttons_T claimed that it is from the developers at Handspring or something to that effect. Myabe it was implemented in the GPRS upgrade?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Myabe it was implemented in the GPRS upgrade?
    Could be... because I have Buttons_T on my GPRS v.1.1 but not Buttons 2.

Can anyone confirm that Button_T and Button 2 are the same?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have a Treo with the GPRS 1.1 update. It now has two new files, ButtonsT and ButtonsT_enUS. These resolve to the Buttons 2 menu item in the Prefs. Just for fun, I beamed them out of the rom to a Treo 300 at the Sprint PCS store. Did a soft reset on the 300 and it now has the Buttons 2 option and the ability to set option buttons, lid function and jog dial!

The update btw was easy to do and has worked well for me so far.
    Confirmed,
    I had no button2 after GPRS 1.1, then I deleted button T and button 2 appeared
    To clarify some who might be confused, Buttons-T is included in the GPRS 1.1 update but is not there in the GPRS update that was released earlier in parts of Asia. I had updated with earlier version and there was no Buttons-T (Buttons 2 option under pref) but when I updated again with the GPRS 1.1 updater the Buttons 2 option showed up. Other differences between the two updates is that GPRS 1.1 also adds shortcut labels under the speakerphone, hangup, mute icons on the phone screen. Also the GPRS 1.1 update removes the 'Call History' shortcut/button from the Phonebook screen and has moved it to to under the OPtions menu, now this is the part I don;'t like and in my opinion is a step back for the Treo.

Sanjay
    Originally posted by Sanjay
    To clarify some who might be confused, Buttons-T is included in the GPRS 1.1 update but is not there in the GPRS update that was released earlier in parts of Asia. I had updated with earlier version and there was no Buttons-T (Buttons 2 option under pref) but when I updated again with the GPRS 1.1 updater the Buttons 2 option showed up. Other differences between the two updates is that GPRS 1.1 also adds shortcut labels under the speakerphone, hangup, mute icons on the phone screen. Also the GPRS 1.1 update removes the 'Call History' shortcut/button from the Phonebook screen and has moved it to to under the OPtions menu, now this is the part I don;'t like and in my opinion is a step back for the Treo.

Sanjay
    I thought so too, then found out that I could get it easily by pressing menu button followed by "y" button, and I find that's not a problem now.
    Originally posted by tuen
    I thought so too, then found out that I could get it easily by pressing menu button followed by "y" button, and I find that's not a problem now.
    I found the option of 'menu button followed by y button' also which does make it a little better but even then I feel there was no need to remove the earlier link to 'Call History'. Since I have the old version of the Phonebook saved, I am wondering, what if I were to install the old version of the Phone book? Would it have any detrimental effect?

Sanjay
    With old version of the PhoneBpok you are basically getting GPRS 1.0. Might as well you downgrade to GPRS 1.0.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Thanks for the feedback yardie. Although I am not sure how just replacing the phonebook with the older version would be equivalent to GPRS 1.0 Anyhow I might as well downgrade to GPRS 1.0because since I upgraded to GPRS 1.1 all I have gotten is Fatal Errors leading to numerous resets.