Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    New Treo. When I turn it on it freezes for 1 minute. Then I can use it as a Palm.

I have not started my Sprint phone activation

When I got it I put on desktop overrides handheld on most things.

Any ideas?

And one more thing. I called support and ended up speaking with two Sprint people who "have never seen a Treo" but are looking at a list of FAQs. Is this the support level?

Tell me the truth cause I still have 25 days to return this unit.

Do Treos work? Are they buggy or are they the real deal?

Thanks, George
    Last edited by mgauss; 10/04/2002 at 11:27 PM.
    Originally posted by mgauss
    New Treo. When I turn it on it freezes for 1 minute. Then I can use it as a Palm.

I have not started my Sprint phone activation

When I got it I put on desktop overrides handheld on most things.

Any ideas?

And one more thing. I called support and ended up speaking with two Sprint people who "have never seen a Treo" but are looking at a list of FAQs. Is this the support level?

Tell me the truth cause I still have 25 days to return this unit.

Do Treos work? Are they buggy or are they the real deal?

Thanks, George

yes - This is the level of support you could recieve from sprint - it varies from very good - to very very very bad. You WILL learn to live with it. Sometimes its just easier to hang up and call back to get another CSR.

Treo's do work - they are the REAL DEAL - its about as good as it gets on this date.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The problem is I had Omnisky and a lot of other software from my Palm Vx.

I created a new user. Then of course the Treo was not "looking around" for any other signals or whatever.

I exported my old Phone list, Memos, To Dos and schedule and imported them onto the new user.

Now I have my data, and a clean software starting point. Obviously from all the posts it looks like the Treo 300 is delicate.

Better off not to start with 3 years of cut up software from my Vx.