1.    #1  
    After seeing all of the negative posts about the Treo 300 and Sprint, some with good justification (I've experienced most of the issues I see on this board), I just wanted to put in my 2 cents after living with this thing for over a month and a half now.

All things considered, this is the best phone I've ever owned. Are there issues outstanding that could be improved (e.g., Sprint customer service/knowledge, general ease of use and learning curve, battery life, screen resolution)...of course there are. But all in all, this is one of the best $500 purchases I've made. Will it be old news in 6 months to a year...of course...improvements will be made and better phone/pda combos will hit the market. But for those of us who want the convenience of a combined phone/pda device with internet capabilities (limited as they are) now, this thing does the job in good fashion.

Other opinions???
    Second the great experience. I ordered the phone on line, got it 2 days later, opened the box (the phone was acually already charged), called Sprint to setup the account (took all of 5 minutes), I was on the high speed network surfing with no problems.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've yet to see any of the issues experienced by others here. Sprint's coverage has been phenomenal in my area, and the data network has been ridiculously fast compared to gprs plans I've had in the past (the pricing's better too!).

After having owned more phones, PDA's, and wireless devices than I'd care to admit, this is the first one that seems perfectly done. It seems that every device that has come before it was really a compromise. This is the first one for me that doesn't need to compromise at all.

Sorry, not trying to sound like a commerical here, but I just can't believe this product hasn't become the next Palm V yet.
    I second that second.

The best $500 bucks I have ever spent ... and something both of you missed was all the attention you get while using a Treo300!

All sillyness aside... all products have flaws... the flaws w/the Treo300 are minor in comparison to what could really be serious flaws/issues... superb product.

-Serp.
    My two cents--I'm really happy with my Treo 300. It is really, really useful to me. With it, I have my office in my pocket. I am liberated from my desk. I don't take my laptop around with me much any more, as the Treo provides the connectivity via email that I had gotten from the laptop.

ToDo Plus, SplashPhoto and the Micro Innovations Wireless Link folding keyboard all have improved my experience.

I have no problems with Sprint (and their coverage is much better than Cingular was when I had a 270).

Is there anything I'd like to see improved? Well, a screen like a Clie would be nice, and an MP3 player would be fun (although I wouldn't use it much). I know these things will come, but they aren't really necessary and I really enjoy using this great tool now.
    Kami
    Okay... I'll grudgingly admit it... I *use* it.

I owned the Kyocera 6035 Smartphone. Did I ever use the web features? Not after the first 30 days.

I also tried the Palm V with that snap on wireless modem... what was it called... Sky-something-or-other. Did I use it? About 30 days.

But the Treo... For some reason... I *use* it. Tonight for example, I was traveling on the bus to an away game with the middle school soccer team I help coach. The bus driver took the exit (it was a contracted bus; the driver was supposed to know the way), promptly got lost... had no clue how to get there. I quietly whipped out my treo 300 while he was calling his dispatcher on the radio. His dispatcher told him to stand by. By that time, I was already hooked up to Sprint's 3G web connection. I went to Google.com, typed in the name of the school we were playing, followed by it's city & state (by this time I had an audience of half dozen middle school kids looking over my shoulder with oohs and aahs going wild; the pressure was on; my little gizmo *had* to come through or I'd look pretty weak). The first match in the list was exactly the school we were playing. Went to their site. Fortunately, they had a "contact us" button. By this time the dispatcher was calling back but told the driver to stand by because nobody at the central office knew the directions. They were going to have to call someone else. The treo hit on the "contact us" page and lo and behold, they had *directions* posted on the site. I stepped to the front and started reading the directions and the driver slowed to a stop, turned the bus around, knowing exactly what he had done wrong. The dispatcher finally called back... with the *wrong* directions. The driver told them that he had a guy on the bus with some kind of gizmo to look things up. :-) We got to the school within 5 minutes and still had 10 minutes to warm up and stretch.

Would I have been able to do that on my laptop? No way. I wouldn't have lugged my laptop to a soccer match.

I *use* the Treo. :-)
    Doug
    Doug
    Originally posted by DougLucas
    Okay... I'll grudgingly admit it... I *use* it.

I
    But the Treo... For some reason... I *use* it. Tonight for example, I was traveling on the bus to an away game with the middle school soccer team I help coach. The bus driver took the exit (it was a contracted bus; the driver was supposed to know the way), promptly got lost... had no clue how to get there. I quietly whipped out my treo 300 while he was calling his dispatcher on the radio. His dispatcher told him to stand by. By that time, I was already hooked up to Sprint's 3G web connection. I went to Google.com, typed in the name of the school we were playing, followed by it's city & state (by this time I had an audience of half dozen middle school kids looking over my shoulder with oohs and aahs going wild; the pressure was on; my little gizmo *had* to come through or I'd look pretty weak). The first match in the list was exactly the school we were playing. Went to their site. Fortunately, they had a "contact us" button. By this time the dispatcher was calling back but told the driver to stand by because nobody at the central office knew the directions. They were going to have to call someone else. The treo hit on the "contact us" page and lo and behold, they had *directions* posted on the site. I stepped to the front and started reading the directions and the driver slowed to a stop, turned the bus around, knowing exactly what he had done wrong. The dispatcher finally called back... with the *wrong* directions. The driver told them that he had a guy on the bus with some kind of gizmo to look things up. :-) We got to the school within 5 minutes and still had 10 minutes to warm up and stretch.

I *use* the Treo. :-)
    Doug
    See, THATS what I'm talking about - this little dohicky is off the hook!!!!!!!
    I use it too...

I replaced a Samsung 8500, Visor Deluxe, and Blackberry with my Treo 300. It can do EVERYTHING I could do before and more. With my 8500 I would drop calls (signal faded), since the 300 I have had a couple of times when I had to dial a call a second time to get it to go through, but once I have been on a call I have not dropped a single call. Not one, and I have been using it for about 4 weeks now, averaging at least 10 to 15 calls per day. I used to have at least 1 or 2 calls per day drop. This is my only business phone, so not dropping calls is a GREAT advantage. I chalk this up to the quality of the 3G network (at least in my area), and the cell phone capabilities of the Treo.

I use the "palm" capabilities even more now than before because the device is alway with me. On weekends I would usually just carry my phone, but now since my phone is my Treo, its all there with me.

I don't get the same type of "always on" email as with the Blackberry, but my needs have changed since I first started up Blackberry service, so my current manual pull for email is quite sufficient. I look forward to when Snappermail, my current favorite, will be able to do timed pull, so when I look for mail, it will already be there, but for now manual pull is plenty.

If the 300 had a replaceable battery and analog roam capability I would say that it was the best $500 I have ever spent. It is a well thought out, very usable device that has been an excellent replacement for 3 other devices. It is exactly what I had been waiting for.
    "delostech" describes my situation almost exactly. I replaced a Samsung phone, Palm V, and Blackberry. I'd been hoping MS and the folks at Compaq/HP would give me a good reason to go with one of their devices, but not only are they not here yet, they just don't "work" the way Palm OS devices do. They are also big enough that they might be left behind too often. I would love to have been able to get a hi-res screen, more data storage, built in attachment handling, and digital music, but those aren't what I really "use" the device for (though I will use attachment handling once it's ready for prime time). So far, the Treo 300 has exceeded my expectations. I also have to admit that having the Palm OS development community around makes it easy to find a solution to the most quirky of problems. I've had mine since 9 am on August 8 and give it two thumbs up.