1.    #1  
    I am very pleased with the Mocha Pocket Telnet/SSH client found here:

http://www.mochasoft.dk/download.html#palm

The list type key will not work with this application. Does anyone know how to generate a pipe '|' character? Desperately needed

Thank you,

Brandon
    Originally posted by cbtrussell
    I am very pleased with the Mocha Pocket Telnet/SSH client found here:

http://www.mochasoft.dk/download.html#palm

The list type key will not work with this application. Does anyone know how to generate a pipe '|' character? Desperately needed

Thank you,

Brandon
    I use the '|' key on my stowaway keyboard. The graffiti is a "." then start at the bottom, go straight up and then striaght back down to where you started.
    Does anyone know how to generate a pipe '|' character? Desperately needed
    Type the blue option key, then the "R" key (to generate a forward slash), then the "list" key ("..."), then select the pipe character from the pop-up menu that will appear. Not simple, but possible.
  4.    #4  
    Doug,

Thanks for the reply. Always enjoy your column in IW, very informative. But as for the solution you suggest, the '...' key is the list type key I was referring to, which won't work in this application. Seems it sends the characters one by one to the remote box which echos it back.

Flip, will a grafitti type tool work with this app? Asked another way, if I install Jot or similar, do you know I'll be able to use it with Mocha Telnet?

Thanks guys,

Brandon
    I have ptelnet installed, and I couldn't get a pipe working either.

Power to the unix shell users!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Flip, will a grafitti type tool work with this app? Asked another way, if I install Jot or similar, do you know I'll be able to use it with Mocha Telnet?
    I'm not sure. If you want to buy me a Treo I will be more than happy to test it out for you. Sorry, but I still have a graffiti area on my handheld.
    What I ended up doing was defining macros for keys I need that can't be generated without the "ListType" (...) key. For instance, my "|" macro simply sends the "|" key.

Interestingly, the ListType key works fine when you're in macro definition mode.

Not a super-elegant solution, but I think it's the only one (other than installing Jot or NewPen and generating the untypeable characters that way).

I've also emailed the author of the application about the problem. He was very dismissive, saying he didn't think the Treo market was big enough for him to worry about, but I sent him some facts refuting this opinion. I'd encourage anyone else who'd like Pocket Telnet to work better on the Treos to email him at support@mochasoft.net and let him know there are Treo users out there that would be more likely to pay to register the app with a couple of Treo fixes.

(Another fix I suggested was to be able to reassign what the app keys do, since having the outer keys generate DELETE and RETURN is useless on the Treo -- being able to remap them to CTRL and ESC would be great, since these aren't directly generatable with the keyboard, and you could thus do most work in Pocket Telnet without having to have the stylus out.)
  8.    #8  
    Dan,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. This is EXACTLY the type of workaround I was hoping for.

Brandon
    Dan,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. This is EXACTLY the type of workaround I was hoping for.

Brandon
    No problem. BTW, note that a workaround that doesn't work is to use RecoEcho+, which Handspring recently released for free to all Treo owners. The program doesn't work in Pocket Telnet. (It works fine in TG ssh, but there it isn't as useful, since the ListType key works.)