1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have a dual SIM card, with two separate accounts: a company account and a personal account. Each one has its own phone number and its own PIN.

To switch these two accounts I have to turn off wireless mode and turn it on again, using the PIN number from the account I want to use.

Is there a way to add something on the Treo screen that allows me to identify which account I'm using? So far I haven't found any way to do that...

Xavi
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    If you are running the GPRS 1.1 upgrade, the Phone Info dialog allows you to enter and view the phone number on your SIM card. Previously, it had to be set by the carrier and many carriers did not set it up.
    Do you know if I can get a dual sim in the US?
    I have a Canadian account to and I'm always switching sims...it's a pain...any guidance?

Al
    Wow! What's a "dual sim"?
    Originally posted by xavi
    Hi,

I have a dual SIM card, with two separate accounts: a company account and a personal account. Each one has its own phone number and its own PIN.

To switch these two accounts I have to turn off wireless mode and turn it on again, using the PIN number from the account I want to use.

Is there a way to add something on the Treo screen that allows me to identify which account I'm using? So far I haven't found any way to do that...

Xavi
    Yeah Xavi, where did you get the dual sim from? and where are you using it?, which carrier do you have? Please share these info.

Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    I don't know if the 'technical name' for this card is really a 'dual SIM card', but I'll try to describe it:

I have a single SIM card with two GSM phone numbers associated with. There's a GSM number that it's paid by my company and a second GSM number that it's paid by me.

In order to select witch account I'll use, I have to use a different PIN. So, for instace, the first phone number has '1234' as a PIN and the second phone number has '5678' as a PIN.

All the information on the card (such as SMS messages or phone numbers stored on the card) are shared between these two accounts.

This service is provided by my carrier (Telefonica Movistar) here in Spain.

What I'm looking for it's someway to identify wich phone number account I'm using. You know, it's not politically correct to phone on Saturday night using the account that my company pays...

Xavi
    Hola Xavi (el primer catala que trovo a TreoCentral)

I also have a "dual" SIM card from my company, with one corporate number and a personal one.

I've tried with a 180g and with my actual 270, in none of them any info appears at front but if I go to "Servicios SIM" there is an option telling you which is the number you activated. If you try to change it from there you will simply hang your Treo. I guess that you get these options from the carrier but the Treo is not prepared for it.

As I see no one from the States knows nothing about dual SIMs so thats probably why the treos have not been designed to support them.

May be with the 600??? remember that Orange (an european carrier) has been tighly involved in the development with HS.

I'll post the question in the T600 forum...

PD: xavi, ets de BCN?
    Joan López i Graupera
    Barcelon@ - Catalonia
  8.    #8  
    Hola Joan,

Sí que sóc de Barcelona... :-)

amb el meu telèfon actual (Treo 270) la única forma que tinc de saber quin és el número associat es fent servir, des de l'aplicació de telèfon, l'opció "Phone Info" del menú d'opcions.

He provat amb el SIM Services, però em diu que la meva targeta SIM no és compatible.

Sobre el Treo 600... no se pas si aporta alguna milorra en aquest aspecte, però amb el preu actual trigaré força temps en saber-ho... :-)
    Anyone tried a dual sim or twin-sim adapter in the Orange Treo 600?

Or even a universal twin-sim in the Treo 180/270?
    *sigh* I miss Barca!