1.    #1  
    I have the treo 90 and was thinking of getting one of those little cards that you insert for extra hard drive space. How does it work anyway. Does it automatically start storing stuff there when you run out of room on the palm itself? Anyone have any recommendations on size or competitive places to find a good price? Anything else I should know about getting a card, etc? TIA
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Keybored
    I have the treo 90 and was thinking of getting one of those little cards that you insert for extra hard drive space.

Actually, it's memory but not hard drive space, but that's a separate can of worms...

How does it work anyway. Does it automatically start storing stuff there when you run out of room on the palm itself?

You have to manually put things there. Some programs will run from it (some games, for instance), but with other programs--i.e. WordSmith, where you have potentially huge documents, most people put the program in the Treo's memory and the documents on the card.

Anyone have any recommendations on size or competitive places to find a good price? Anything else I should know about getting a card, etc? TIA
    Try here: http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/s...F2=0&F3=5&F4=0

Size: Depends on how much you're looking to store and how much you're willing to spend.
  3.    #3  
    Oh dear, now I'm confused. Ok, let me ask this...is there a way to add storage? It only came with 16mb and I have used half of that already. Thanks for your reply Q
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Keybored
    Oh dear, now I'm confused. Ok, let me ask this...is there a way to add storage?

Yes, you can definitely add storage. Unlike a hard drive, though, flash memory cards have no moving parts, and IIRC, aren't affected by magnets.

Also, both MMC and SD cards will work (all of Palm's ebooks, language translator, etc. are MMC rather than SD).

It only came with 16mb and I have used half of that already.

Depending on what you have in that space, you may want to move some of it to a card once you have it. You may want to look for the "sweet spot" price-wise, too--even if you don't use all of that space yet.

Also, you can use the card to back up the data on the Treo--there are programs that can be run from the card to do that.

Thanks for your reply Q
    Any time.