Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Just received my Treo 300, love it. What is my best option for receiving email with attachments through my corpoate Microsoft Exchange server? Thanks
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Since I've received no reply, let me change my question. Is there an email program that will allow my Treo to receive attachments? Thanks
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    You need to load a couple of programs. First you need to down- load Documents To Go so that M/S documents and spreadsheets can be read. The service I am using is from Corsioft at corsoft.com. The program ia called Aileron. It runs $49.00 per year. Works great.
    You can also try Inbox To Go by Dataviz. It has great attachment support. It's still in beta. It doesn't yet have 'push' functionality, but they do have SMS alert. A very good product, and since it's still in beta, it's free. For now.
    SnapperMail supports attachments in native format, so if you have a Palm app that can open them (it comes with a .zip archive program and a jpeg viewer), you can receive attachments, view them (e.g., you could use QuickOffice or Documents to Go for .doc and .xls files, among others), edit them, and send them back out in the original format.

If you need this with your corporate e-mail account, SnapperMail works only with POP3 now, though IMAP is coming soon. If you need to access mail from an Exchange server (not IMAP), you'll have to go with a service that requires intermediary servers, like Aileron or BaseJet. Sprint's Business Connection does offer some of this functionality in a rather clunky way. Just remember that for all of these latter solutions, you will either have to keep your desktop Outlook runing 24x7 or you will have to convince your IT group to install a new server (or new server software) running the enterprise app that performs the redirection.

In other words, no free lunch at the moment, but if you're using POP3, SnapperFish is pretty close. (I really like this program, but your mileage may vary. Check it out at www.snapperfish.com).
    Originally posted by curtiscarmack
    In other words, no free lunch at the moment, but if you're using POP3, SnapperFish is pretty close. (I really like this program, but your mileage may vary. Check it out at www.snapperfish.com).
    I think he meant to write SnapperMail and www.snappermail.com.
    Thank you for correcting that. I must be in need of a nap.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I've tried snappermail and it didn't work for me. I also have inbox to go and Aileron and they both work great. None are perfect but at least i can pull email and view attachments while I am on the road allowing me to leave my laptop at home.

I am not nearly the expert that many are on this board so maybe snappermail would work if tweaked but the others worked first time after install.