1.    #1  
    sorry for the newbie post- but I did a search for GPRS under the Treo 300 board and found few answers. Just for grins and giggles- installed the GPRS deal that showed up a few weeks ago on my 300- i didn't see that it did anything- plus I don't think the install ever finished- one hard reset later and here we are. So here's my question-

Will this new GPRS upgrade work on the 300?
    What is GPRS- what will it do for me? Will there be icons or something i can click and see where i am?
    Can my wife track me when i'm out with my girlfriend? :-)

Somebody please explain.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    GPRS patch will only work on GSM systems, meaning in the TREO World the TREO 180 and 270. TREO 300 works in CDMA 2000.

Cingular, T Mobile are GSM providers
    Sprint and Verizon are CDAM
    ATT is TDMA and going to migrate to GSM
    Originally posted by scrumpy
    sorry for the newbie post- but I did a search for GPRS under the Treo 300 board and found few answers. Just for grins and giggles- installed the GPRS deal that showed up a few weeks ago on my 300- i didn't see that it did anything- plus I don't think the install ever finished- one hard reset later and here we are. So here's my question-

Will this new GPRS upgrade work on the 300?
    What is GPRS- what will it do for me? Will there be icons or something i can click and see where i am?
    Can my wife track me when i'm out with my girlfriend? :-)

Somebody please explain.
    You are mistaking GPS (Global Positioning System) for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service). GPRS enables the Treo 180 and 270 to have an "always-on" internet connection at 28.8kbps instead of the dialup 9.6kbps. As stated above, GPRS is for GSM systems and is not compatible with your CDMA Treo 300, so you should uninstall it from your Treo. The nice thing about the Treo 300 is that it has the "always-on" connection built right into the device, no need for a patch like the GPRS one the 270 and 180 require. Always remember, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Next time, you should do a little more research (like posting on this board like you did, except do it beforehand) before installing something you are not 100% sure about, it can cause some serious problems if you aren't careful.
    Surprized your Treo didn't die!

Sprint Vision on the 300 is like GPRS for the 180 and 270s.

*cringes at the thought of unsupproted incompatible software patches for other models touching his 300*
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650