1.    #1  
    It would appear that SPCS has gotten around to finally indicating how to use the Vision side of the Web site for first time users. The following is from the SPCS web site

As a new PCS VisionSM customer, you need to create a PCS Vision Password so you can access applications like email, games and ringers.

The instructions below explain how to create this password and enable it on your Vision-enabled PCS Phone. Please keep this browser window open as you follow these instructions. You may also want to print it out for reference.

How to create a PCS Vision Password

Make sure your PCS Phone is turned on.

Return to the Customer Sign-on page on www.sprintpcs.com.

Sign on using the Manage your account box. Enter your PCS Phone Number and the account holder's password.*

*If you are the only person on your account, this is the password you established when you bought your phone. If you have multiple phones on your account, the first password established is the account-level password.

After signing on, click the My Profile icon at the top of your Home page.

Click the View my Settings & Preferences link.

Click Change PCS Vision User Name and PCS Vision Password. (This is found in the "Password & Access" section of the page.)

On the PCS Vision Password tab, follow the instructions for creating your password.

Important: Please do not change your PCS Vision User Name at this time.

After you receive confirmation that your password has been set on sprintpcs.com, you'll need to check that your password was successfully changed on your PCS Phone as well.

Turn on your PCS Phone and leave it on at least 10 minutes before proceeding. (Please note: It could take up to 2 hours for the password change to take effect on your phone.)

From the menu on your PCS Phone, choose Web. If you connect without receiving an error, your password has been successfully changed on your PCS Phone as well as on www.sprintpcs.com.

If you see an error message, follow these instructions:

If the error message is numbered 1012, select Cancel. Wait 30 minutes, then try the previous step again.

If the error indicates that your password may be incorrect, select OK. You should be given several options. Choose to "change" or "create" your password. Enter the case-sensitive password you created on sprintpcs.com and select OK. Your password should now be successfully changed on your PCS Phone. You should be able to go to Web without receiving an error.
    Ummmm....this only works if Sprint PCS thinks you're a Vision customer....apparently, (at least according to the website), I'm not. At least, in my Settings and Preferences, there is no place to change the Vision password and settings. This has been the case since i changed from 2G to 3G. And, I'm afraid to call customer "no" service to get it corrected. I don't have time to sit on hold for an hour, and my data services, email, etc. all work. I don't want it to get screwed up!

So, I'll wait a few months until they get their stuff together, call and see if i can get it set up. Besides, what is on the Vision side that will help me, anyway?? I'm pretty sure I have access to everything I need. Can anyone answer that??
    I'm with you, sbcrair -- no web access to Vision password changes, etc. but everything's working so I don't want to mess with it. I just know that if I call them up, something bad will happen. You say you're going to wait a "few months." Do you think that's long enough?
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    I'm with you, sbcrair -- no web access to Vision password changes, etc. but everything's working so I don't want to mess with it. I just know that if I call them up, something bad will happen. You say you're going to wait a "few months." Do you think that's long enough?
    My sentiments exactly. The 300 does what I need it to do, and I dont have access to the vision portion of the site. They can have it.
    I'm with all of the replies so far. My sprintpcs vision has not worked since the beginning - but my phone works fine (including vision access on the phone itself) and I don't want to mess it up.

I did call SPCS a few weeks ago and they told me to wait until that weekend (couple of weekends ago) and they would have this fixed. I asked them to log the call so they would have record of it. You guys that are having problems may want to just have your problem logged - perhaps when they get this fixed we can get credit for the problem.

-Juan
    Maybe with the new president, they'll give all of us credit for the "arrows" that the bleeding edge has gotten! (Yeah, right!)
    As far I can tell, logging onto Vision would give us access to ringers, games, and other applications that will not work on the Treo. The way I see it, as long as the higher speed data works, I do not need access to things in Vision that I cannot use. I have my 2G email address and Treo300SMS for Short Mail so I am set. I am a happy non-Vision 3G user.
    I'm with all of the replies so far. My sprintpcs vision has not worked since the beginning - but my phone works fine (including vision access on the phone itself) and I don't want to mess it up.
    Ditto