1.    #1  
    anybody tell me what phone(s) & which Canadian carrier has them that are Bluetooth enabled ?

I am getting no where with Kiosk kiddies for MaBell, Fido, & Rogers. Telus' not available as far as I have been able to determine but I would've thought either Fido or Rogers would have a couple of options ?

Anybody ?
    Irt is sad, but none of the carriers in Canada have bluetooth enabled phones as yet. Your best bet is to buy an unlocked bluetooth phone from Ebay or a shop that sells unlocked cell phones.... With Rogers or Fido you can just buy the SIM card and put it in the phone.

Originally posted by Confused
    anybody tell me what phone(s) & which Canadian carrier has them that are Bluetooth enabled ?

I am getting no where with Kiosk kiddies for MaBell, Fido, & Rogers. Telus' not available as far as I have been able to determine but I would've thought either Fido or Rogers would have a couple of options ?

Anybody ?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Irt is sad, but none of the carriers in Canada have bluetooth enabled phones as yet. Your best bet is to buy an unlocked bluetooth phone from Ebay or a shop that sells unlocked cell phones.... With Rogers or Fido you can just buy the SIM card and put it in the phone.

Rogers carries (or will carry) the Nokia 6310i; a Tri-Band Nokia world phone w/ Java 'midlets', Bluetooth, and a really long standby time, but you need to sign up w/ a new contract to get it or pay a huge amount of money.

I have one right now - the silver one - but I'm probably going to sell it as I got too many phones right now!
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the info. What price range am I looking at for such a beast ?

Originally posted by MitzEclipse

Rogers carries (or will carry) the Nokia 6310i; a Tri-Band Nokia world phone w/ Java 'midlets', Bluetooth, and a really long standby time, but you need to sign up w/ a new contract to get it or pay a huge amount of money.

I have one right now - the silver one - but I'm probably going to sell it as I got too many phones right now!
    thanks for the info. What price range am I looking at for such a beast ?

You're looking at about $350 USD brand new. I have one for sale that I'm willing to part with if you're interested... you can have first dibs on it before I throw it up on eBay.

I'll sell it to you for $300 and I'll throw in a brand new Krussell case (it's a "fits like a glove" quality leather case").

Here's how the case looks like (I have the SILVER phone)

http://www.executivepda.com/HTML/Pro...assic/6310.jpg

Let me know: mitzeclipse@hotmail.com
    try the ericsson t39 r520 and t68 all are triband with bluetooth and the best is gprs . I connect using fido .it allows me to access internet and yahoo email on my treo 90 bluetooth to a t 39
    Fido is going to be getting the Ericsson T68i. I think it's going to sell for about $649 Canadian.

Anybody ?
    Go to www.shoprogers.com and take a look at their GSM Phones, the only ones that I know of that are Bluetooth enabled (and available now) are the Sony Ericsson T68i ($350) & Nokia 6310i ($190 - $240). Prices are in Canadian funds, prices vary depending on what package you get.

Check the rest of the site, may be other phones w/ bluetooth but those are the only ones I found on a quick glimpse.
    Last edited by speedlab; 11/19/2002 at 05:12 PM.