Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has anyone been using aim 1.1 without getting data mgr error. i will like to try it again was wondering if anyone has it working
    and any suggestions.

fred
    1) cetianly dont pay for it -or-
    2) dont use it -or-
    3) dont leave it singed on while swithing to another app. i found that as long as i do that, i do not get the datamgr.c error.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I have version 1.1 build 5 and it works fine. No problems logging on or switching between apps. Kids love it in the car
    I too have been using 1.1 build 5 for quite some time without any problems. I use it on my Visor Prism and ThinModem+. I have been able to switch back and forth amoung AIM, ICQ, and Eudora without any troubles.
    Is anyone using AIM successfully with the Treo 300?
    ok. IM using a visor delux with visor phone. I cant even enter aim without it crashing. How would i be able to tell if its build 5? I check the version from the info screen and it comes up v1.0. i downloaded aim11.prc. what gives?
    The version before they starting charging for it under options, about Instant Messenger says version 1.1 (build 5).
    I found a v1.0 floating around and am using it on the Treo 300 with no problems.
    updated to gprs 1.1, and aim 1.1 seems to be working much better. no datamgr.c errors for the last week.
    Question. I am using the GPRS upgrade on the T-Mobile network in th US. How am I being billed for using AIM? My current phone plan has 800 voice minutes, 1MB Web, and 300 SMS. Is AIM comming out of my SMS or MB? If its out of the 1MB what kind of usage am I looking at? Thanks, Wayne
    I must add one thing... i am using the AIM 1.1.. not the AOL Quick Chat which i know bills out of SMS.. Thanks
    Originally posted by chathamws
    Question. I am using the GPRS upgrade on the T-Mobile network in th US. How am I being billed for using AIM? My current phone plan has 800 voice minutes, 1MB Web, and 300 SMS. Is AIM comming out of my SMS or MB? If its out of the 1MB what kind of usage am I looking at? Thanks, Wayne
    It comes out of the data. This assumes you are using GPRS and connected. If you dialup to a normal ISP it comes out of minutes. I'm not sure how much data the client sends out and recieves. Use KBTracker to check it, perhaps?
    I was using that AIM (UK vers.) until today without any glitches. I downloaded another program and all of a sudden it started crashing terminally. I had to do a hard reset and when I reinstalled everything, it continued to crash terminally. The only way I could get it to stop was reinstalling my Treo software and re-syncing....somehow it corrupted my Treo sync files.

Now AIM is dead for me...

Anyone have an evaluation version of AIM1.1 that I can test?
    then unzip and you will have 1.1 ver 5 I couldent upload the file or a zipped file as it was too large, and no zips allowed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did anyone try it with the Treo 600 sprint yet?
    Works great, but its not an always on solution. It wont alert you to an incomming IM if your not in the application.

However I like this better, I only want to IM when I have the time.

how come I am trying to download it and I hotsync and it doesn't show in my palm???
    BTW thanks for the reply...
    1) download the file

2) change the file extention to .zip,

3) then unzip and you will have 1.1 ver 5

I couldent upload the actual file (too large) or a zipped file because no zips allowed. So I zipped it, and then changed the extention to .prc You have to change it back to .zip and then unzip it!!

I know, but I see it in the install tool box before syncing
    I just experienced the same fatal loop with AIM 1.1 (build 5) that I have experienced with 1.0.

I think the only solution that people have discussed is doing a soft reset with the up button held to break the loop, deleting the AIM program, doing another soft reset, then reinstalling it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast