Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Didn't work on mine... I had to hard reset the phone.
    What didn't work, the program? Or the fix to the fatal loop?

I had the program running fine but any program that risks a fatal loop if you don't close it before switching to another application isn't very worth while. I can't tell you how many times I am in an IM chat and someone asks if I'm free for a meeting or luncheon...if I check my calendar and risk hanging up the device, its useless to me.
    I actually didn't understand the fix, by me if I install the aim software it keeps on reseting in a loop, the only thing I can do is make a hard reset and reinstall everything...if I try it again the same thing will happen
    Has anyone tried installing AIM to the card? I wondered whether that would be an easier way than hard resetting if the datamgr.c error kicks in.
    Originally posted by MVT
    I just experienced the same fatal loop with AIM 1.1 (build 5) that I have experienced with 1.0.

I think the only solution that people have discussed is doing a soft reset with the up button held to break the loop, deleting the AIM program, doing another soft reset, then reinstalling it.

No that did not work for me. (Had the same problem this week...) After deleting AIM, I had to rename my backup folder (C:\Program Files\HandSpring\Treo\Backup), then do a hard reset. Then I loaded my apps (with their data files) one at a time... Finally reloaded AIM 1.1, and it now works fine...
    Wow with so many sophisticated people in treocentral, I would assume someone could fix it to be able to work withthe T600.... ;-)
    Originally posted by MVT
    Has anyone tried installing AIM to the card? I wondered whether that would be an easier way than hard resetting if the datamgr.c error kicks in.
    Same S--t happens
    The best 'fix' is to not use AIM. These kind of problems have been occurring since I used a VisorPhone! As AIM from AOL is closed source, proprietary software from a company that doesn't really need you to IM from your 600 for profitability, don't look for a fix from them any time soon.

Bite the bullet and get Chatter or Verichat. They both work and don't cause hard resets of your treo. I prefer Chatter, but Verichat is pretty nice also.
    i used aim for over a year, though not heavily, but without any problems. recently i started to have trouble sending email with pocketflash so i splurged for the $20 and went to the aol software for palm which also includes messaging. i like it better.

i suppose this is a useless point if one is not an AOL member, just AIM, but thought i would chime in.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12